Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

douglas

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I'd appreciate advise on how to download photos from cellphone camera directly to iPhoto. I'm looking for a good phone with a decent camera (2mp). I had originally selected a Nokia 6165i, but it cannot connect with Macs. Any suggestions? Thanks.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
The Sony Ericsson K750i works fine with Tiger, especially if you have the data cable. When you connect iPhoto opens and asks to import straight away (bit of a pain when you don't want to import photos though)

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2006
UK
Hi

All camera-phones I've ever tried have the option of sending pictures over bluetooth. In that sense, all phones I know can connect with Macs and send/receive JPG files. Are you quite sure this Nokia is different from all others?

douglas

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
nplima said:
Hi

All camera-phones I've ever tried have the option of sending pictures over bluetooth. In that sense, all phones I know can connect with Macs and send/receive JPG files. Are you quite sure this Nokia is different from all others?
This Nokia is not listed as a compatible phone on the Apple iSync list (although many other similar Nokia phones are). The phone has Bluetooth, so are you quite sure that it would connect via Bluetooth? Just want to be sure before I buy - otherwise the phone is just what I need, and is the only 2mp phone available from my provider (Telus). Thanks.

ddekker

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2006
Michigan
cell camera

I have a Motorola SLVR and the only way I can get pictures to my laptop is send them from the phone to the laptop (via bluetooth) I can't seem to "browse device" like I could with my old motorola, this puts them on the desktop not directly to iPhoto, but works well enough for me.. going to buy a new phone next month any suggestions from everyone? (cingular)

DD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.