Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
Nice bike you guys have, here are mine:
An Empella cyclocross for racing and training.
A Simplon Gravity (carbon fibre) for MTB racing.
A Scott Comp Racing for commuting and training.

Attachments

• empella.jpg
    empella.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 635
  • simplon.jpg
    simplon.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 396
  • scott.jpg
    scott.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 311

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
My 2nd baby...

Here's mine....

I love this thing but I'm going to have to sell it soon as I'm unwilling to ride it over winter.

Aprilia RS125 late 2003:

Attachments

• APRILIA_RS125.jpg
    APRILIA_RS125.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 374

Dark

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Heres my 2006 Honda CRF250R Mod race bike. Its getting re-done over the winter for the upcoming season.

Attachments

• garage.jpeg
    garage.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 268
  • garage-1.jpeg
    garage-1.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 267

hotboiled

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Damn emotion that sucks :(

HckySo = the are COOOOOL
are the pricy ?

i havnt got a bikepict, only actionshots :p

8year old Eastern

h_dries.jpg

257201169_ff9be91390.jpg

L

Lau

I really, really want one of these:

35_1.JPG

A Raleigh Super Tuff Burner (sorry about the random picture — the only one I could find on the web, as an old eBay auction). It's everything I remember about BMXs being awesome when I was a kid in the 80s, and now I really want one. Not that I've got the space for more than one bike, let alone two, but it would be fab.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Me and my mate built this. Unfortunately we both thought we were working on the front end and we also got the measurements wrong.

God knows how that bloke got stuck in the spokes but we eventually got rid of him after 2 miles.

8366.11940.f.jpg

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
I really, really want one of these:

View attachment 60976

A Raleigh Super Tuff Burner (sorry about the random picture — the only one I could find on the web, as an old eBay auction). It's everything I remember about BMXs being awesome when I was a kid in the 80s, and now I really want one. Not that I've got the space for more than one bike, let alone two, but it would be fab.

Honestly the Raleigh BMXs were never really considered BMXs at the time. Try and get something that was from the US. Mongoose, Haro, Torker (I still have an original 280x, woo or even UK bikes like Curtis or Fireball). The geometry of the Burners just wasn't BMX like at all.

@hotboiled yeah i know the theft of my bmx sucks. I'll post some pics of the 24 inch mtb reoplacement, i'm loving it :)

L

Lau

Honestly the Raleigh BMXs were never really considered BMXs at the time. Try and get something that was from the US. Mongoose, Haro, Torker (I still have an original 280x, woo or even UK bikes like Curtis or Fireball). The geometry of the Burners just wasn't BMX like at all.

@hotboiled yeah i know the theft of my bmx sucks. I'll post some pics of the 24 inch mtb reoplacement, i'm loving it :)

It's more for the nostalgia, really. I was 5 in 1985, and when I was a kid I just thought Raleighs were the coolest, as I always had bikes that were a) second hand, b) hideous girls bikes with the stupid frame (which I still tried to do stunts on ;) ) and c) were always repainted (with Humbrol, not even spray paint :p ) because they were so old and ***** and so they never had any cool logos and stickers on — the first bike was red and royal blue (mmm) and the second was bright green (mmmmm). The first one even had solid tyres, not pneumatic... :p Hence a Raleigh was pretty much the pinnacle of awesomeness, and I think that's why I want one now. I can remember reading catalogues with them in, and reading books from the library about BMXing with all the cool gear and helmets, and then me and my brother going out to jump our rusty 3 ton bikes over a bit of wood in the street. Ooh, jumpers for goalposts, etc. :p

I probably wouldn't actually ride it further than the shops, it's more for completing a small ambition of the last 20 years of my life. :D

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
Is that aimed at me? :p

As a 26 year old woman on a BMX I may look like a complete idiot, but I can assure you I would feel like da bomb. :D

Nowt hotter than a girl on a BMX :)

I'm 36 and still ride one.

It's more for the nostalgia, really. I was 5 in 1985, and when I was a kid I just thought Raleighs were the coolest

I probably wouldn't actually ride it further than the shops, it's more for completing a small ambition of the last 20 years of my life. :D

:) it's all good. My girlfriend shares your view (she had a SuperBurner when she was a kid).

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Here's an 'action' shot of my Canondale Gemini 900 (2004) - the original picture of my avatar.

I was going to replace it at the end of this season, but I've decided to wait until this time next year. There are some nice 7x7 all-mountain/freeride bikes in the works...

Attachments

• Danksi Gemini.jpg
    Danksi Gemini.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 295

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
My 'cross bike (Kona Jake) which is a blast offroad, and the answer to that question "if you could only have one bike <shudder> what kind of bike would you have (product photo, don't currently have a picture of this one):

2K6_JAKE_650.jpg

And my road bike:

olmo.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.