Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salasm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
surrounded by mods
www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/law/2006/10/29/hardmon.al.teen.rape.mom

A shocking crime in Alabama.

Police in Albertville say 19-year-old Gary Helms, Junior is charged with raping his 45-year-old mother.

Police say he did it to seek revenge against his brother after the two argued over a girlfriend.

The police report says Helms' mother was passed out drunk on the couch when the rape started. She came to and recognized her son during the attack. The police report says his mother tried to get away but Helms held her down until he was finished.

Albertville police Sergeant James Smith says Helms confessed to the attack and was ordered held in the Marshall County Jail on a $100,000 bond.

"From what we understand the rape stemmed from an argument between him and his brother. And apparently they were arguing over a girlfriend. And the rape was some sort of retaliation towards his brother ... it's just pretty much a shock to the conscious of the general public."

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
"Police say he did it to seek revenge against his brother after the two argued over a girlfriend"

sick... twisted... little... child...

you don't get revenge on anyone by raping them. ESPECIALLY not your family.

if there was a vomit emoticon, i would be using it now.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
:eek: I am in a total state of dumbfounded disbelief.

It truly amazes me how utterly disgusting and immoral a very select few can be. A crime of this unfathomable nature will hopefully lead to the most severe sentence possible.

Though I doubt he would last long in prison, if put into general population.

danidoll521

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2006
This is just so sick and revolting...I really hope this guy is able to get the help he needs. It is amazing how some people behave in this world.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Oh boy, wait till the other prisoners get a hold of him once they find out why he is in there.

jon

jiggie2g

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2003
Brooklyn,NY
Why execute him if he's sick?

Why waste tax dollars to keep human filth like that alive for the next 40-50yrs, seriously the guy RAPED HIS MOTHER it can't get much worse then that. The guy is an abomination. some crimes are just unforgivable.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
I think I'm missing the step between "argument with brother" and "rape mom".

good call, persons in a demented state have issues, if mom is passed out drunk, sounds like the entire family has major issues. It has more to do with those family values than with some girl he and his brother were arguing over.

You could probably look at it like this, the father is probably not around (certainly not mentioned) so their whole lives, the brothers are fighting over mom for her love and attention, which she can not give, because she is contantly giving all her energy to getting her next fix, or drunk, basically any substance abuse can take the form of a person(s).

This is probably a 2nd or 3rd generational abuse cycle, passing down to the boys now....

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
This is just so sick and revolting...I really hope this guy is able to get the help he needs. It is amazing how some people behave in this world.

Help? HELP???? Ha! There's nothing wrong with him. The problem is that there is a medical diagnosis for "sick and twisted wierdo" it's a shame they don't burn people at Bonfire Night anymore (05/11)

Execute the sick bastard

Hear Hear

Why waste tax dollars to keep human filth like that alive for the next 40-50yrs, seriously the guy RAPED HIS MOTHER it can't get much worse then that. The guy is an abomination. some crimes are just unforgivable.

This is what bullets were made for, no?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Alright, but how about we also criticize the mother for being passed out drunk on the couch?

Sounds like some sick and twisted trailer trash family to me.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
Alright, but how about we also criticize the mother for being passed out drunk on the couch?

ok, I was waiting for the Alabama jokes to start. To begin with, this crime is indicative of all human failure, from sodom & gomorah to present day, any where people live, their is these same issues in human nature. Its not even just this one crime, its everywhere.

please consider this is not just a social position, though ultimately a form of co-dependency gone awry.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004

This is not about the mother being passed out on the couch. This is about a person, none the less, the SON, raping another person, his MOTHER! This guy should not be allowed to live, like all the other rapists in this world.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
This is not about the mother being passed out on the couch. This is about a person, none the less, the SON, raping another person, his MOTHER! This guy should not be allowed to live, like all the other rapists in this world.

I didn't say that that the boy is right or that the rape was fine - because it's not - but if the family is so ****ed up that the mother passes out on the couch from drinking, then the family is terrible as it is.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I didn't say that that the boy is right or that the rape was fine - because it's not - but if the family is so ****ed up that the mother passes out on the couch from drinking, then the family is terrible as it is.

So that justifies or excuses what he did? :confused: The kid, raped his mother. There are certain lines you do not cross, and that happens to be one of them. And given we know only the facts given in the news report, why are we to assume anything?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
So that justifies or excuses what he did? :confused: The kid, raped his mother. There are certain lines you do not cross, and that happens to be one of them. And given we know only the facts given in the news report, why are we to assume anything?

You're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying that what the kid did was right. IT'S NOT RIGHT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. But the family is messed up enough already since the mother is a drunk. Don't think that I'm saying that the kid should be accquited of what he did - he shouldn't. He committed a terrible crime. But the family was already ****ed up enough before this happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.