Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
for some reason my powerbook battery charge slowly goes down even while it's plugged in. The power light is green as if it's fully charged but it goes down about 1% every day and then if i unplug it and plug it back in then it starts to charge, goes up to 100% like it should and then starts all over again. It never used to do this so i don't know why it's doing it now.

It started happening around the time apple had that huge recall so then i got it replaced but it still does it so it can't be the batteries fault (at least it doesn't seem likely)

vectormasked

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
Somewhere in Canada
for some reason my powerbook battery charge slowly goes down even while it's plugged in. The power light is green as if it's fully charged but it goes down about 1% every day and then if i unplug it and plug it back in then it starts to charge, goes up to 100% like it should and then starts all over again. It never used to do this so i don't know why it's doing it now.

It started happening around the time apple had that huge recall so then i got it replaced but it still does it so it can't be the batteries fault (at least it doesn't seem likely)

What recall?? maybe I've been in outer space coz....who knows....

Today I picked up my new macbook pro and aside from the high-pitched buzzing sound I also noticed that when I plugged in the adapter the computer kept telling me that the battery was still going down. it went from 70% to 40%. I just turned it off and left it there. I'll check later if the battery actually got charged.

Macerena

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2008
I have had the same problem lately and notice that one thing that changed before this started happening was that I began allowing my powerbook to be used at maximum brightness.

As an experiment, I got the other user of my powerbook to turn the brightness down a bit and see if it charges up some. In the meantime, I have turned the brightness way up (at max) on this little macbook to see if I can re-create the problem here. We'll see.

Is it possible that you are running at full steam?

M.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Batteries lose charge over time by itself; when it's plugged in it looses charge because you're using an adapter and the battery is full, so it's not being constantly charged.

And that recall is for potentially exploding batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.