Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Saw this posted over a SpyMac and decided to check it out for myself. It seems that the Apple Instant Loan ads are quoting "iBooks from $1199". Revision soon? Looks like it.

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
Budapest, Hungary
I doubt it. All iBook model are same day shipping.

They wouldn't introduce new models with so much stock!

I don't see iBook updates for a least another month.

James.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by joed
I doubt it. All iBook model are same day shipping.

They wouldn't introduce new models with so much stock!

I don't see iBook updates for a least another month.

James.

That's what I was thinking...

However, the iBook is due for an update.

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
Budapest, Hungary
Originally posted by ibookin'@mwny
That's what I was thinking...

However, the iBook is due for an update.

But with an announcement of something next week (ie NAB release thingy), I don't think we'll see an update before that. And it would have to be a few weeks after the NAB thing so it doesn't steel the media attention. So that say to me about a month!

James.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
perhaps it was a screwup... hopefully only in the sense that they put up that pic a bit too soon... that would mean updates soon. but surely not while they have heaps of iBooks in stock.:rolleyes: :(

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Actually, I think that $1,199 was the old price for the low end iBook 600Mhz before the last revision that changed the low end to 700Mhz and dropped the price to $999. I think maybe that "apple loan" graphic was just an oversight that never got updated.

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Originally posted by vniow
I can confirm it, either it's a screw up, or something's due for an update....

I just configured the lowest-end iBook and it has that graphic:

what are we looking at? the ibook or something else

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
Actually, I think that $1,199 was the old price for the low end iBook 600Mhz before the last revision that changed the low end to 700Mhz and dropped the price to $999. I think maybe that "apple loan" graphic was just an oversight that never got updated.
yeah im on your side. i just feel there are way to many pictures on apple.com and im sure they forget to change soem of them.

iJon

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
I think iBook upgrade probably won't happen until later this month, at the earliest, and before end of May, at the latest.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy

Ah. You're right. The 600MHz CD-ROM iBook cost $1199, with the 700MHz Combo 12" going for $1499.

Guess it was just a mistake... too bad :(

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by jlambert
It says offer ends April 7th, so I seriously doubt its anything.
7th is on a monday, stuff usually comes out tuesday, maybe next week is the magic day. i hope so, its been a while since we ve seen something new.

iJon

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by iJon
7th is on a monday, stuff usually comes out tuesday, maybe next week is the magic day. i hope so, its been a while since we ve seen something new.

iJon
The offer that is ending is on Microsqusih office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.