Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
I hate myspace... I ended up getting an account because of my girlfriend, and now I want to delete it. BUT for some reason myspace can no longer get any emails through to me, I have tried switching email addresses and nothing ever gets through. I tried using their delete account button, but the confirmation email never gets to me. I've tried several emails to their tech support but never get a reply.

I tried doing a whois of myspace.com, and got a phone number, which after 10 or so calls, all I can ever do is leave a message which doesn't get returned.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get ahold of someone on the phone with that company, or how to get rid of my account? The company is so cheap it won't even hire people to man their telephones.

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
I hate myspace... I ended up getting an account because of my girlfriend, and now I want to delete it. BUT for some reason myspace can no longer get any emails through to me, I have tried switching email addresses and nothing ever gets through. I tried using their delete account button, but the confirmation email never gets to me. I've tried several emails to their tech support but never get a reply.

I tried doing a whois of myspace.com, and got a phone number, which after 10 or so calls, all I can ever do is leave a message which doesn't get returned.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get ahold of someone on the phone with that company, or how to get rid of my account? The company is so cheap it won't even hire people to man their telephones.

a simple google search turned up MANY articles. This one ( http://askbobrankin.com/cancel_myspace_account.html ) lists a few ways to delete it even without the email/login ID/password.

I have never used myspace but the solution (if you have the login info for the acct) seems straight-forward enough. No need for emails unless you don't have the password. Is that the case? According to each site Google turned up when I typed, "Cancel myspace account," you hit the cancel account button, it warns you/asks you if you really want to and it's done.

They all say you will need an email only if you don't have the password or other login info.

The link above points you to a way to delete an account even if you have none of the login info, though, usually used when someone sets up an acct in your name (gave me an idea for a prank on a friend :D ). It seems fairly convoluted but do-able.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Thanks. I did use google to search for terms like "contact myspace" but everything I found was about bands that used myspace.

The first method you mentioned doesn't work, because once you go through all of those steps it sends a final confirmation to your email that you have to click to finalize the cancelation. I tried it 3-5 times but I never get that last confirmation email.

I'm going to have to try that salute picture and hopefully they will get my email and actually remove it.

I'll post something again if its not gone in a few days.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I had to get the notification e-mails fixed because my e-mail account was going away but the message to customer service had no effect, unless they were really backed up. I posted a bulletin for everyone to see and since Tom is on my friends list, he apparently saw it, too, and things were fixed within a few days.

Then, deleting an account will go quickly.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Wow, It took 4 days and emailing them two different ways (normal and through the form), but it finally worked! Thanks

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I hate MySpace, too. I ended getting "my" account deleted because someone decided to impersonate me, using my real name! ARgh! Like you, I spent 4 days emailing them to close the fake account. So I understand what you've had to go through. There's just too much darn abuse on that site.

I think I had to send an email to head office, of which the address is not listed on the MySpace website. Forget exactly where I found it, but within a day, the account was deleted.

I now have only a FaceBook account and couldn't be happier.

falcon1

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
Georgia
I know alot of people hate myspace and i'm one of them but there are millions of people in the world that love myspace. What do yall hate about it?

ginalucia

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
same problem!

I know this thread is really old but i came across it while searching for a myspace phone number because I am having the EXACT same problem! its been a week so far and no luck deleting my account. I am not getting the onfimation email sent to my email. ugh!

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
at the bottom of the myspace page is a contact us link. For through that and choose the drop downs for delete account. It will bring you to another screen where you can choose to email customer service directly, using whatever email account you want, so presumably there won't be any problems since they would be emailing you directly. Tell them the situation and I'm sure they'll be able to resolve the issue.

melinam

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
Wow, It took 4 days and emailing them two different ways (normal and through the form), but it finally worked! Thanks

Hey, I'm having the same issue. Can you please tell me the email(s) you used to get through to them?

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
I don't think you'll get an answer... Vlade hasn't been seen here for 3 years (and details have probably changed since that 12-year-old post).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.