Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruriko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
How do you turn on the Mac computer on? there's no button on the monitor so where else would be the power button?

Kolind

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Denmark
The latest design of the iMac is turned on with the power button which is placed on the back in the lower right left corner (when looking at it from the front). All other macs I can think of have a visible power button (small circular thing with a circle on it).

Hope this helps.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The power button is located on the back if it is an iMac or Mac mini. For the tower Macs, and portables, the button should be easy to find (visible from the front).

aussiemac86

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2004
the land of OZ
If it is an apple monitor (ie has a little apple centre, below screen) there will be a little power icon somewhere, if the screen is clear plastic looking this will be on the bottom right, place you finger on this icon.

otherwise there should be a power button somewhere on the main box (CPU).

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
The latest design of the iMac is turned on with the power button which is placed on the back in the lower right corner (when looking at it from the front).
Don't know about you, but my iMac's power button is on the back in the lower left corner (when looking at it from the front). :confused:

Ruriko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
Thanks for all the tips! I hope I don't embarrass myself at university >.<. I did remember a student tried whispering to the mac "Start Up" I wonder if there are Macs that turn on by voice?

Nym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Porto, Portugal
If he's taking about an eMac than the button is hard to find for new users, to the right side, closer to the back :O it has a little circle with the power symbol :)

dhc

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
UK
Thanks for all the tips! I hope I don't embarrass myself at university >.<. I did remember a student tried whispering to the mac "Start Up" I wonder if there are Macs that turn on by voice?

Classic. reminds me of that scene in Zoolander...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Don't know about you, but my iMac's power button is on the back in the lower left corner (when looking at it from the front). :confused:

If it's on the back, how can you see it when looking at it from the front? ;)

Seriously, though, I can't imagine that it's that difficult to find a power switch on any equipment, unless it's been removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.