Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
Yup, green light to the right of the camera is on.
This is all that is showing when you launch Photobooth (see attachment)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 366

michaelwarren89

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2004
Brisbane, Oz
This same problem happened to me. The iSight 'on light' turned on as soon as I started up my MacBook and had that weird green picture when I opened Photo Booth. Nothing could fix it... until I rebooted. Now it works fine and it's never happened again.

Have you tried rebooting? (Obvious, I know, but sometimes the best of us overlook such simple things :) )

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Check whether it works in other apps before writing it off as dead. Also, unplug any USB and Firewire peripherals that may be taking up a lot of power. :)

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
It appears that my firewire is dead too.

My MB and my MBP are mirror images of each other. (drives are duplicates, same amount of memory) My iPod syncs just fine on my MBP, and only charges on my MB. Also, I can not get any of my other firewire drives to work on the MB.

eAspenwood

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2005
USA
The iSight on my 17" MBP is dead now too.

Transeau - did u have to yell at them to get an instant replacement? I can't wait another 2 weeks with out my MBP.

bennyp

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2006
Whole computer or just iSight replaced

I just had my iSight die, after <1 week of ownership. Will the store replace my whole computer or just the isight?

eAspenwood

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2005
USA
10.4.7 / firmware update fixed it.

Weird - either the 10.4.7 or the 17" fan firmware update fixed my camera. Perhaps it does the PRAM reset mentioned above.

dasspunk

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2006
Solution for this on MacBook DC2

I just fixed this on my new Dual Core 2 MacBook. I decided to brave the annoying registration on this site to comment here... My camera light was on but the video window was either all black (in iChat) or all green (in Photobooth).

I was able to fix this by powercycling my MacBook...
  1. Shut down the machine
  2. Pull the power cord
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Hold down the Power Button for 5+ seconds

More info from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93240

Hope this helps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.