Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nwrealestate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Don't know what I did but was trying to add google to my address bar so went to view/customize address bar. Results can't figure out how to get google to appear with some other often used sites on the bar and now I've lost my window to input my website addresses. Can someone please help.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If that's not the problem, then you might have to Customise Address Bar from the View menu and drag your URL/Google component back onto your Address Bar. :)

nwrealestate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
There is no address or url appearing in the bar

I think that is the problem, something needs to be dragged back in but when I go to customize address nothing appears in either of the addess windows to drag back in, both windows are greyed except for the top one has a blue circle but "go to this address" is greyed as well as to the right the word "google" in both the windows ie. top and bottom ones. I orginally was trying to put google up in the menu bar along with Apple, Amazon, Ebay etc. when I not didn't accomplish that but also lost my place to type in websites address in safari. Tried the help menu under addresses but couldn't figure it out.
Hope this clarifies my situation a little better. Thanks for your help.

nwrealestate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
snap shot of my address window.

Including 2 snap shots one of my address window and one when I go to 'view/customize address' see how I have no options here everything is grey and no matter what i click on nothing happens in here. Please reveiw the entire thread here if you have not already to fully explain my problem. I am using SAfari 2. Sorry that I can't figure this out seems like it should be an easy fix but.... not for me. Thank you.

Attachments

• customize address.jpg
    customize address.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 251
  • use address bar.jpg
    use address bar.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 299

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm not sure I understand the problem fully. You talk about the text in the address and Google fields being grayed out. That is how it should be...they're just placeholders for what goes in those fields when they're active. You're saying that you can't just drag the top "Address and Search" item into your toolbar?

nwrealestate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
OK well that worked

Ok well that worked I think I understand the customize address window, better I was thinking it was a more complex window then it was, I see now it is just for dragging options that you want to appear in your address bar of safari. I know that's what all the info I read in help etc. said but ... wasn't understanding correctly and then when by mistake while in that window I must have dragged my http address window out of my address bar, I was panicked. thanks so much for your help!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.