Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaslam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Hey,

Im just trying to write a document in pages and its getting very annoying. Alot of the words I write comes up as spelt incorrect, even though they are correct. Its because pages is set for american use, not english, eg when I type in Defence, it comes up with Defense, and when I type in offences, it comes up with offenses (I use these words alot as I am a law Student).

Can anyone help me change the defult language into english-uk rather then english - usa?

Thanks alot. P.S I have tried changing the input method in syst pref but it doesnt do anything.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
System Prefs > International > Drag British English to the top of the list (click Edit List if it's not there) :)

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
You shouldn't have to manually set Pages' language choice, unless you want it to be something other than the main system language. If that's the case, then Jaffa is right on. To have every new Pages document use British English as default, you'll need to make sure your international preferences are set before opening Pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.