Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tall Steve

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Sorry for the dumb question, but.

For what ever reason my mac thinks I am in the Pacific Time Zone, but I have not been able to figure out how to change it other than doing a manual adjustment of my time. I would prefer to change the time zone and keep it on auto time set.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
Sorry for the dumb question, but.

For what ever reason my mac thinks I am in the Pacific Time Zone, but I have not been able to figure out how to change it other than doing a manual adjustment of my time. I would prefer to change the time zone and keep it on auto time set.

go to system preferences, click on date & time, click on the time zone tab, click on your general area in the map, and select your closest city in the drop-down menu below the map.

i'm running tiger - not sure if this is different on previous versions of OS X if you're not running tiger...

Tall Steve

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
ahhhhh click the map.

All I would see on the drop downs were west coast cities.

Thank you.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
well, other users beat me to it as i was typing. i must be a slow typer at 95 wpm!

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
You've gotten sensible advice from others, so I can tell you without sounding cocky that the title of your thread made me want to say "I don't think you can do anything about it, as time zones are most likely decided upon at a federal level". :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.