Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
So unfortunately I have a portfolio website due tuesday and unless I make a B I will not be passing this course effectively moving my graduation date from May 2007 to May 2008.

Basically I need 5 versions of a site with 8 subpages sketched out then choose one to digitize. I brought some of my thumbnails in to her today and she was so kind as to tell me that 4 of my homepages weren't strong enough. She liked where I was going on one of my sites so I was wondering how to build that sketch into 40...

Attached is the sketch she thought had the most potential - don't mind the images; they're just placeholders and will definitely change. Also sorry about the bad scan.

now time to eat dinner and hopefully I'll come back and see my dilemma solved :D Thanks!

Attachments

• scan0001.gif
    scan0001.gif
    100.2 KB · Views: 576

operator

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2006
Canada
It sounds like you want someone to do your work for you (everybody wants that, and nobody will do it). I'm not even sure what you're asking for here.

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
"hopefully I'll come back and see my dilemma solved"

That's a great way to learn...

mac-convert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2006
Are we there yet?
I think that a couple three weeks ago there was a posting by someone that wanted to do people's work for them, designing web sites or something. I'm not sure if it was this forum or not, but there's a match out there somewhere for you!!!

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I wonder if he was disappointed after his dinner yesterday as no one has done his homework. I am not sure if he is ready to push back his graduation date for another year not as the due date for this assignment is Tuesday (not much time to work on the assignment).

point665

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
I definetly wouldnt want to have to wait another year to graduate... so the question is what did you really need help with?

One thing your sketch lacks is space for content (text).

If you want to quickly turn a sketch into a website, the best way would probally be to (depending on your experience/skills) use photoshop to re-create the idea (remember display resolution and image size, color mode), then use imageready to slice up the layout - from there you can use that page as a basic template and modify the pictures/text to make each subpage, or... you can load another page's contents into the "main page" using divs or frames...

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
sigh that's the point, there's not enough content for a grid layout (knew it was something but I couldn't figure it out till now) and the professor WANTS a grid layout (not in the instructions or anything but with her grid = good design). Basically I want to see if anyone out there knows some tricks to making grids look good with little content (or any tricks to make up content)

I do have plenty of sketches now (mostly everything, just need to develop some sub pages as they're still in my head), I just need to pick out which ones are good.

I'm also hoping that for her first semester teaching she won't want to fail a student who traditionally makes B's in his classes. And staying an extra year wouldn't be too bad, sure I'd have to stay in this hell hole - but I'd get to freelance and build up my portfolio.

I'm surprised no one wanted to do my homework for me. I let that kid white wash my fence for some marbles, I figured this would be just as easy :p

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Quit posting about your Wii and get to work, that will get this done.

My Wii? As soon as you buy me one then I'll put it down to Work :D

I finally came up with something that didn't make the professor throw up, you guys try and wack it apart.

Attachments

• Design four.jpg
    Design four.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 111

primalman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
at the end of the hall
Dude, I checked up and saw several Wii threads started by you recently. I will augment, stop thinking about Wii related things.

:D

And I must say, your idea above has some potential. [FYI I teach design, probably why I went off about the Wii stuff] Where you at school in MO? I'm from there.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Dude, I checked up and saw several Wii threads started by you recently. I will augment, stop thinking about Wii related things.

:D

And I must say, your idea above has some potential. [FYI I teach design, probably why I went off about the Wii stuff] Where you at school in MO? I'm from there.

Kirksville, MO. Truman State

And I dunno about starting threads, I may have commented in threads though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.