Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outside75

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Hi,
I was thinking about getting Speck SeeThru for my new Macbook Pro.. the problem is I cant find retailer in Europe.. so I decided to get it directly from Speck. Total cost is 71 dollars which is about 35 pounds. Now my question is - how much I will have to pay in total? (VAT and import duty).. I checkd customs website but coudnt find the answer plus my math is not very good:)
Help:)))
... this case is so sweet btw...
15-seethru-d5.jpg

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
It depends, I think its fairly expensive - same region as VAT maybe? Its a complete guess, I've ordered lots of things off the internet from America and never been charged import duty though so you may get lucky :).

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
It won't be much, when I last had something caught by customs I think they wanted 10% + VAT (17.5%), but it can vary with time and on different items.

I think the point to start paying is £30, which you're just over.

If they send it by UPS or FedEx, you WILL need to pay. If they send it by USPS, it might make it through.

Addo

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
As it's a computer accessory, in theory you should only be liable to pay the VAT. Don't forget that you'll pay the VAT on the whole invoice amount (including the postage) Some retailers don't include this on the invoice I've noticed....

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Don't know how bulky this is and how much you can wait, but if it's not too big, I would be willing to bring it over when I go back for a visit (xmas/new year). I'll be carrying more on the way back to the US than on the way there (restocking on rich tea, pg, and marmite!), so I've got space..

yt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.