Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downhillboy86

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
San Luis Obispo, CA
I'm looking at purchasing a Powerbook G4 locally and I am going to meet up with him in the next few days to check the machine out. I'm curious as to what I should look for besides the obvious, that it turns on and cosmetic damages. The specs are as follows 1.67GHz G4, 75GB HD, 512MB Ram, and the ATI 9700 Video Card. Is this the Hi-Res Revision?? The individual is trying to get around $750 for it. Is that price fair? He only has the AC Power Adapter. The original box and start up discs are all missing.

So What should I look for? Is the price right? Should I be turned off by the lack of boot-up discs? and Is it the hi-res revision of the PB? Thanks everyone.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
only way to tell the hires vs. lores is to check the display res. They have identical gfx cards.

topgun072003

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
well that's ONE way....the other way to check between the hi and low res, would be to go to "about this mac" >more info and check the type of memory...the low res uses DDR SDRAM PC 2700. The high res uses DDR2 ram.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.