Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Hey Everyone,
This is going to date you all a lot but I have a powermac g3 (640mb ram, 300mhz) with a 15" apple crt monitor. I moved it into a new room and all of a sudden the display is virbrating slightly. If i switch the refresh rate back to 60 it goes away but then that looks so bad that I have to bump it back up to 70hz. Is there any settings that I can change to fix this vibrating? Like I said, this didn't happen until i moved the computer 20 feet into a neighboring room.
Thanks!
Stephen

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Near a tv, speaker, etc.

Or is there a fan, blower, stand also air cond. or heater, flourescent light, on the same circuit as the computer. Does not have to be in the same room, but share the same circuit breaker as the machine.

My guess would be a fan or fluorescent light -- motors and ballasts tend to toss out some electronic noise.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Wow! You are good. I had a transformer for the speakers that was right near the monitor. As soon as I plugged it in far away it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.