Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluecabochon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I have to transfer files in 100 MB zip disks from my old G3 to a new computer via USB. Where is the best/safest place to buy a decent drive - it can be used, it just has to work, and I'd like to spend under $40. I just need it to make this transition. Thanks in advance.

bluecabochon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Do these flash drives connect to a zip drive/computer/USB hub and do the work of transferring data over? If so, what do they connect to? I have zips but nothing to put them into. My understanding is that I need an external drive (internal drive is in logic-board impaired G3 tower that I will not be bringing home again to do the file transfer) and an IDE to USB cable to do the data transfer. Then I will burn CDs of these files and use the zips as coasters.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
You can connect your usb drives that you buy to your computer with the HD that has the files and put them on the drive. Then stick the drive into your usb equipped computer and drag them right over. It's like using a hard drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.