Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I really hate it. My memory is very weak and sometimes it gets really frustrating.

About a month ago I saw a reference to a video converter on MacRumors while looking for a PVR solution for Mac. It could convert analog AV signal(using composite ins) to mpeg2/mp4 and record it to any iPod or HDD connected to it via USB in real time. It didnt have any storage of it`s own. You needed to get an external hdd to record the signal.

Now I was trying to find the thing gain but even after four frustrating hours of googling I couldnt find it. All I could find was this. It does the same job but instead of using a usb HDD it uses built in memory card slots to record video on your Memory Stick/CF/MMC cards thereby limiting the recording time to an hour only.

I dont remember where I saw it, what it`s name/brand was, nothing. Can someone please help me find that converter. I`d be really grateful.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
I really hate it. My memory is very weak and sometimes it gets really frustrating.

About a month ago I saw a reference to a video converter on MacRumors while looking for a PVR solution for Mac. It could convert analog AV signal(using composite ins) to mpeg2/mp4 and record it to any iPod or HDD connected to it via USB in real time. It didnt have any storage of it`s own. You needed to get an external hdd to record the signal.

Now I was trying to find the thing gain but even after four frustrating hours of googling I couldnt find it. All I could find was this. It does the same job but instead of using a usb HDD it uses built in memory card slots to record video on your Memory Stick/CF/MMC cards thereby limiting the recording time to an hour only.

I dont remember where I saw it, what it`s name/brand was, nothing. Can someone please help me find that converter. I`d be really grateful.

Well, I looked around a bit and came up with a couple of devices that might be what you're looking for:

Neuros makes another device (Neuros OSD) that looks like it can record to a USB hard drive: http://www.neurosaudio.com/osd/osd.asp

iRecord looks similar: http://www.irecord.com/

Are either of these what you're looking for?

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Well, I looked around a bit and came up with a couple of devices that might be what you're looking for:

Neuros makes another device (Neuros OSD) that looks like it can record to a USB hard drive: http://www.neurosaudio.com/osd/osd.asp

iRecord looks similar: http://www.irecord.com/

Are either of these what you're looking for?

God. My memory. As soon as I read iRecord I remembered everything. Yup it`s the exact same thing I saw that day. Thanx a lot. Also the Neuros looks pretty good too. I`ll definitely buy one of these if the recording quality is good enough.

BTW. How did you find it in minutes and I couldnt in hours:confused: . Ahem does it really mean I`m stupid:eek:

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
God. My memory. As soon as I read iRecord I remembered everything. Yup it`s the exact same thing I saw that day. Thanx a lot. Also the Neuros looks pretty good too. I`ll definitely buy one of these if the recording quality is good enough.

BTW. How did you find it in minutes and I couldnt in hours:confused: . Ahem does it really mean I`m stupid:eek:

No problem :D Don't thank me, thank Google. ;) :p

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
No problem :D Don't thank me, thank Google. ;) :p

I still dont understand why I couldnt find it. Anyways, now I thank god that I didnt. Or how else would I come across Neuros OSD. WOW. It looks really great feature wise(also lookswise too). Thanx again hotwire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.