Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toontra

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2003
London UK
A friend has just brought round a Powerbook he's just bought - G4 15" 1GHZ PPC. The thing is, there aren't any ports on either side - no firewire, no USB, no modem, ethernet, dvi. What's going on. Did Apple make a special edition without any connectivity?! :confused:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
A friend has just brought round a Powerbook he's just bought - G4 15" 1GHZ PPC. The thing is, there aren't any ports on either side - no firewire, no USB, no modem, ethernet, dvi. What's going on. Did Apple make a special edition without any connectivity?! :confused:

Ports are on the back of the titanium PowerBooks, behind a flip-down cover.

toontra

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2003
London UK
OK OK :eek: It wasn't mine - I've never used a TiBook. He's found his ports and all is well (if I ever live down this embarrassing post!).

Thanks for the help.

glib

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2006
At the back behind a panel? That sounds worlds better than their MBP design, I wonder why they changed it.

When my MBP is at home, with a screen, speakers, power, and two usb cables plugged into it, the 6" space to either side of it is unusable and kinda annoying to have. All the cables out of sight behind it would be slick.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
i imagine that there was a nice picture to setup you laptop that came with it in the box, that they never bothered to look at.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
At the back behind a panel? That sounds worlds better than their MBP design, I wonder why they changed it.

In part, it was to make it sleeker...having it open up while retaining access to the rear ports required somewhat-bulging hinge assemblies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.