Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apattee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
I'm thinking about getting the 'E207WFP 20-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD" to hook up with my 17" powerbook. any advice? is it easy to do? i would like to see pictures of a set-up if anyone has any. i guess i want to know how they look next to each other. thanks!

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I'm thinking about getting the 'E207WFP 20-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD" to hook up with my 17" powerbook. any advice? is it easy to do? i would like to see pictures of a set-up if anyone has any. i guess i want to know how they look next to each other. thanks!

When I had a Powerbook I used it with a bunch of different Dell monitors. It will just work - when powered on, monitors report their supported resolution(s) to the computer, so any computer (Mac, PC, Linux, etc.) can usually determine the optimal resolution without any involvement from you.

I'm off work for two weeks otherwise I'd take a picture of my Macbook Pro and Dell Monitor combo for you. :D

Joony

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2005
just make sure you hook it up via DVI for maximum quality! Good thing DVI cables are included with their LCDs unlike some other brands.

thworple

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2005
Sussex, England
I've got the older 20inch WS Dell model, and a 12 inch Powerbook. They look fine next to each other. I use an iCurve for the Powerbook which helps.

Its very easy to set the screen up, although its worth calibrating the screen settings carefully to get the best picture quality. The best thing about the Dell monitors is the range of ports they have (DVI, VGA, S-Video, etc. for multiple uses).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.