Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acoustics940

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I have found a ibook g4 I am considering buying. It is a 1.07 mhz 768mb 80gb superdrive. I am getting it for a good deal and it has all the software I will need for school Microsoft office photoshop. I was just wondering what are the capabilities of this machine. Could I play warcraft 3 and starcraft on this and do normal everyday tasks with ease. Or are the stats not good enough to do much of anything

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Starcraft and WCIII will play fine - they're not very demanding. You won't be able to max out WCIII's settings, but it'll run quite well. If the price is right, that would be a fine system for you. Note that you can now get refurb MacBooks for $799 (you'll need to spend another $100+ on bumping the RAM), so the iBook's price matters.

acoustics940

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I will be getting it for about $500 with lots of software that I will not have to purchase extra and a mighty mouse. I was looking at the macbook but with tax and software it will be about $1300. I could afford one but it will cut me out alot on other things. So Im not looking for anything insane just something that works hard and long

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
Agreed, for $500 you can't go wrong. I use a slower ibook than that for most of my personal needs (email, web, dvd player, AVI player, basic games, basic photoshop and illustrator work, etc.) and it works like a charm. You might want to consider bumping up the RAM eventually, I went from 640 to 1.13gb and the difference was very noticeable, but otherwise, great machine for the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.