Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to make a logo for a school Technology club.
The name is T.E.C.H. Club, standing for Technology, Education, Computer, Help.
We will help teachers and students with their technology issues and help better incorporate technology into the classroom. I need to make a poster to recruit people into the club, but we first need a solid logo.
We thought about just using the geek squad logo, and putting in T.E.C.H, but we feel it would be better to start from scratch.

So if anyone here would be willing to spend some of their time for a good cause, please help! I am opened to anything!
Jeremy

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
So if anyone here would be willing to spend some of their time for a good cause
lol yeah i figured someone might be willing to donate their skills.. (ill be promoting apple a ton in my workshops, saying oh you wont have any of these problems with viruses etc. if you get a mac:p )

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
I love how people come in here and peddle for FREE work. Then act as if everyone who refuses to help them are the scum of the earth.

Nothing is free, you do it free once and everyone will want it free.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
please show me where i was in any form rude. And what you are saying is completely false. People do donate their money and time, so how is this any different? It is not like it is for a business, I simply asked if anyone would be willing to help me out for a good cause. How was I rude?

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
Well...

here is my first try at it. I guess it's alright, not my best work, but it's alright

-JE

Attachments

• techhelp.png
    techhelp.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 79

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
please show me where i was in any form rude. And what you are saying is completely false. People do donate their money and time, so how is this any different? It is not like it is for a business, I simply asked if anyone would be willing to help me out for a good cause. How was I rude?

You weren't.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I love how everyone bashes some poor guy for asking for a little help. If you just want to reply and say "Designers need to eat, too", don't waste your time.

I agree with you guys if it was a business or something but its for a School Tech Club!

If you don't want to offer any help then don't reply! Sorry to the OP, not trying to thread crap.

IMHO

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
myne is similar to that, but with a bit more eye candy if you really wanna know

can i see it?

That logo is pretty dam good! Thanks! How do yo think it would look like on business cards and stuff, because it is multi colored?

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
Well, I tried though It isnt exactly what i wanted. If you like it please tell me, or would like sometihng changed or if anyone here likes it and wants to help the OP ill gladly post the psd.

Hope you like it.

(I tried to make the "C" look like a mouse...)

Ugh just like me to miss spell computer :[

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 66

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
thats pretty good.. im going to ask other members.. see what they like..

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
Why you'd make the "C" the mouse, baffles me. It is perhaps the most un-mouse like shape there. Why not the H?

Hm.. I really dont know. The H does make more sense however, I felt that if i made it a center letter if the reader couldnt tel lwha tit was theyd add least know what the end was so they could make out the word, though ill stop defending my point and declare you win.

EDIT: Though I do feel that a "Z" beats a "C" for unmouse likeness. ;) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.