Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
Is it possible??

I would like to use the machine to do powerpoints at our church. I want to use the internal monitor and an external monitor (projector) to do the powerpoints. I want it to work like the my iBook with the screen spanning hack installed.

if this is possible please let me know.

if not then i will probably end up using a g3 desktop instead.

Any input is appreciated!!!

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Which one do you have?

According to Apple-history.com, you might be able to do this.

"The 233 MHz Configuration started for $1599, and the 266 MHz MHz Configuration, which included video input and output, sold for several hundred d"

Theres no other input on the machine that would allow you to attach another display.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
It is the one with the AV card in the back but it does not work in OS X.

There is a thing in keynote that is called "presentors view" which basically allows the presentor to see a couple slides ahead. PowerPoint does the same thing. I am trying to get a dual monitor setup so that the internal and the projector can be seperate and allow for this funtionality.

I pulled a Rage 128 from a Blue and white and it works just fine in the All-in-one but i can't get the dual monitor setup to work.

Thanks

P.S. if anyone knows the name of the adaptor i might need to attach a vga monitor to the monitor port on the back of the desktop or All-in-one G3 that would be great.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
It is the one with the AV card in the back but it does not work in OS X.

There is a thing in keynote that is called "presentors view" which basically allows the presentor to see a couple slides ahead. PowerPoint does the same thing. I am trying to get a dual monitor setup so that the internal and the projector can be seperate and allow for this funtionality.

I pulled a Rage 128 from a Blue and white and it works just fine in the All-in-one but i can't get the dual monitor setup to work.

Thanks

P.S. if anyone knows the name of the adaptor i might need to attach a vga monitor to the monitor port on the back of the desktop or All-in-one G3 that would be great.
excuse me for sounding nitpicky, but do you mean iMac G3, or all in one PM G3?

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
OK for anyone wondering i got it working. The PowerMac G3 All-in-one does support this and it works just fine!!!

It takes quite a while for the internal monitor to come on but it finally came up. Also my other problem seemed to be with getting the mirror option to stay turned off. every time i would restart it would go back to mirroring mode which is annoying. A PRAM zap and cuda button press solved the problem.

Hope this can help someone else!!

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
OK for anyone wondering i got it working. The PowerMac G3 All-in-one does support this and it works just fine!!!

It takes quite a while for the internal monitor to come on but it finally came up. Also my other problem seemed to be with getting the mirror option to stay turned off. every time i would restart it would go back to mirroring mode which is annoying. A PRAM zap and cuda button press solved the problem.

Hope this can help someone else!!

Glad you figured out the problem! :)

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I would like to use the machine to do powerpoints at our church. I want to use the internal monitor and an external monitor (projector) to do the powerpoints. I want it to work like the my iBook with the screen spanning hack installed.

First, I'm glad you got it working.

Second, one of my big pet peeves.....

They are not "powerpoints", they are "presentations" or "presentations using PowerPoint".

PowerPoint is a proper name of one brand of presentation software. Presentation is a noun meaning "A lecture or speech given in front of an audience."

And when you want to find something on the Internet, you may "Use Google to search for it." You do not "Google it."

Rant over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.