Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vtorch

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas.

Last year on December 31 (2005), my friend was gonna buy a Mac. The Apple Store salesperson sold to my friend a new 17" Imac (G5) and a new 13" iBook both for a total of $1,450.00. All because the sales person told us, it was because it was the end of the year and that Apple wants to clear out it's inventory to meet yearly sales projections...or something like that. All this because it was the end of the year and according to the Apple salesman, they do it every year.

Keep in mind this sale will not be advertised. You will have to go into an Apple Store to see for yourself. I am pretty sure, if you call them now they will pretty much confirm it.

Just for you guys, also, to know...the Apple salesperson originally offered to sell us those 2 computers for $1,650.00. It went down to $1450.00 mainly because we bargained and played hardball. My friend actually wanted to get either an iMac and an iBook. Obviously, if she wanted to get just one, my friend would've spent much lesser that $1,450.00. However, because Apple really was trying to sell these machines we were able to get $200.00 off his original deal. So you can bargain...remember that.

Well, I hope this helps someone who can't decide whether to get a Mac now or later.

Take Care & Merry Christmas!
-Vtorch

P.S. I forgot to mention we were able to get the 512 mb iPod shuffle (1st gen) for $25.00.

Vtorch

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Really? Where exactly is the store you are referring to?

It should happen in all Apple Stores.

The store my friend and I went to, was the Apple Store in the Mall at Short Hills (Short Hills, New Jersey)

jonharris200

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
London, UK
ifoapplestore is saying something similar, but it's more to do with end-of-month sales rather than end-of-year ones.

can others confirm? or point us to a similar thread (i'm guessing this has been discussed extensively before now)?

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
I can deffinitely tell you that this is not true. Not that your story is not true but what they were told when they got the deal was not true. They probably got someone doing something they shouldnt have been doing. If found out that person may not even be emplyed there any more.

Kevin

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
Yeah they do have little sales at the end of each month I guess. I got a Core Duo Blackbook at the end of November/beginning of Dec at a discount. Mainly they were selling little things like 1st gen Shuffle accessories and software, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.