Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Is there a way to use the latest (not 3.0) version of XCode and Interface Builder to make your apps look similar to iTunes 7? It's like a brushed metal, but not, its a gray... oh I don't know how to explain it, if you have iTunes 7 you'll know.

Thanks in advance.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I searched the forum and found WindowTunes or that, and I made it into an application project so here's a package to help you install it.
It's called PolishTemplate and is under the Application choices when you create a new project.

Attachments

• PolishTemplate.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 251

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
Hey that's pretty cool! Thanks for posting it

Did you ever find out how to create a window like this in interface builder itself? Or is the code from the PolishedWindow class where all of this is coming from?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Hey that's pretty cool! Thanks for posting it

Did you ever find out how to create a window like this in interface builder itself? Or is the code from the PolishedWindow class where all of this is coming from?

Its the code itself, Apple hasn't release, but probably in XCode 3.0, the tools to make the windows look like iTunes. I read that in another thread.

elmomac

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2007
mhh. thats not working here - after installation I can't setup a new app using this window style. I am using XCode 2.4 - could this be the problem? When I download the source code from Matt I see his application in the iTunes look - only Interface Builder will not show me the option for this style.

I am happy about every tipp to get it working
thanks
andy

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
mhh. thats not working here - after installation I can't setup a new app using this window style. I am using XCode 2.4 - could this be the problem? When I download the source code from Matt I see his application in the iTunes look - only Interface Builder will not show me the option for this style.

I am happy about every tipp to get it working
thanks
andy

You won't be able to set it up from Interface Builder (which is what I was hoping to do too, haha). You have to create a new project in XCode that is a "PolishTemplate Application" which is under the "Application" column in the New window. Then run the program. You should be able to see it then. If you open up the MainManu.nib and run it in Interface Builder, it will show as just a regular window there as well. The iTunes look is drawn to the window only from the code. Hope that helps

elmomac

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2007
thanks a lot - I found it out 5 minutes ago :)
I think we need to wait until the new xcode to create tunes styled windows in IB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.