Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BEET

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Happy New Year!

I'm designing a publication in Adobe InDesign CS2 and am using the Andale Mono font, annoyingly I can only find the regular version of this font in my font library, even though I have a bold version in Microsoft Word. Any body know if it's possible to find a bold version of this font in 10.4??

thanks.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Is Word generating a fake bold from plain old Andale Mono, or do you actually have a bold variant listed in the font menu?

The real bold version is sold by Monotype, and fortunately they don't want very much for it. link.

BEET

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Hi, yeh you're right, it was a fake bold. Is $44 cheap for a font? The only reason I ask is that a friend said they had downloaded it for free from somewhere?

thanks.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The price is USD22 that if you only buy the bold (the Volume version includes the plain, which I assume you already have).

It's not a free font, though I'm sure that plenty of people have grabbed it without paying.

Do you know of there's anyway to fake 'bold' the font in InDesign?
I guess you could add a stroke to make it fatter.

BEET

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
The price is USD22 that if you only buy the bold (the Volume version includes the plain, which I assume you already have).

It's not a free font, though I'm sure that plenty of people have grabbed it without paying.

I guess you could add a stroke to make it fatter.

sorry, i just posted my solution before checking your reply. yeh you're right. thanks iMeowbot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.