Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
cool, i'm in dubai too. I'm staying in Deira, not to far from Battuta Mall, with the folks for new year. I'll check it out before i leave

Hey

It's actually in Abu Dhabi (Adjacent to Dubai) but I always say Dubai because it is more well known. If you happen to visit the Apple Store in Abu Dhabi, it's one the 3rd floor of Abu Dhabi Mall. They might also have a podium in Dubai's store, but I haven't checked yet.

By the way, I don't live here, I'm just a regular holidaymaker out here. :D

iJUNKY

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2006
Belfast, Ireland
:D touché :D

what a gosh darn shame :rolleyes:

although i think you shouldn't underestimate your fellow macrumorers knowledge of middle-eastern geography.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I promised you photos but instead I've filmed it with a k750 hiding in my pocket :D

I have 3 videos ready to upload to YouTube and I'm just doing it now.

Links will be posted here in 5 to 10 mins.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I promised you photos but instead I've filmed it with a k750 hiding in my pocket :D

I have 3 videos ready to upload to YouTube and I'm just doing it now.

Links will be posted here in 5 to 10 mins.

OK, here are the links. They've just been uploaded so they may not be active yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYfLiS1RUXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk01m_FMIDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC710Hxx9pI

They should work about 10mins after this post's timestamp

cheers

UPDATE: All videos are now live

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
holly Sh** what is that and why is it pink ? i think it must be a Lube dispenser :D

Attachments

• iphonethingy.jpg
    iphonethingy.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5,302

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
looks like he wasnt making it up! lol, and what an odd looking dock connector!

strange how they've put it out too... hmmm

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
That's very interesting. Pink lighting, oddly curved shape, funny dock connecter, and what looks like a pipe coming out of the front of it.

Interesting.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
That's very interesting. Pink lighting, oddly curved shape, funny dock connecter, and what looks like a pipe coming out of the front of it.

Interesting.

The pipe thing is a headphone holder. Also, the manager said that he couldn't tell me what the podium was for.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Woo-Hoo a new smaller dock connector which will make every iPod accessory incompatible, great work Apple!

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Hey

It's actually in Abu Dhabi (Adjacent to Dubai) but I always say Dubai because it is more well known. If you happen to visit the Apple Store in Abu Dhabi, it's one the 3rd floor of Abu Dhabi Mall. They might also have a podium in Dubai's store, but I haven't checked yet.

By the way, I don't live here, I'm just a regular holidaymaker out here. :D

You think people here haven't read Garfield? ;)

TheNightPhoenix

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2005
But the stand you made a video of looks nothing like the stand you doodled. Head phone stand in a differnt place, no ichat logo, and the doodle was not bright pink.

Does anyone think the poll sticking out of the pink stand would be a stupid place to hang head phones? maybe i got the scale wrong but it looks to be at crotch height.... very weird.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
someone call the cops!!!

always wanted to say that.

ive re watched the video with the dock connector... cant work it out!

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I was just thinking. That store in Abu Dhabi isn't an official Apple Store (owned by Apple) which would suggest why they aren't following the rules strictly. Nonetheless, its pretty stupid of them! :rolleyes:

There are only offical apple stores in the USA, Canada, Japan and UK.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I was just thinking. That store in Abu Dhabi isn't an official Apple Store (owned by Apple) which would suggest why they aren't following the rules strictly. Nonetheless, its pretty stupid of them! :rolleyes:

There are only offical apple stores in the USA, Canada, Japan and UK.

Exactly - they've put the display out early. Also, I'm pretty sure that Apple Middle East is a subsidary of Apple Worldwide and it's the Apple Middle East Group that operate the stores.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Well, the stand is definitely for something, but with that not being an Apple owned store, and with both CES and MacWorld happening this week, it could be for a product from any number of manufacturers, even just for some kind of new noise-cancelling iPod headphones.

Look at where the display is. Between third party speakers and software. If an iPhone is coming, it's going to be centre stage, not hidden away at the back of the shop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.