Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Anyone know of an expose sort of way to switching between tabs in Firefox? I do use the Command-1...2....3 to go directly what tab I want (which is quite useful) but there has got to be a better way.

I like the way that Opera moves about tabs with its small menu that pops-up, but Opera sucks at everything else. Anyone know of a Greasemonkey script or add-on or something?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i second TDM21's idea

the best one is reveal, which officially doesn't support 2.0.0.x, u need some tricks to install it. goto https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1942/ see the comment for details

if even has a magnification lens, lol
and u can drag the previews to rearrange the tab positions, with animation
picture1mr4.png

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is there a way to make any of those add-ons respond to a gesture? I've gotten so used to using hot corners for Exposé... if I could get a tabsposé with gestures of some kind, that'd be perfect!

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Is there a way to make any of those add-ons respond to a gesture? I've gotten so used to using hot corners for Exposé... if I could get a tabsposé with gestures of some kind, that'd be perfect!

good question, i would imagine that need two extensions to cooperate, mouse gesture+tab previews.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've been using Tab Catalog for a while. It works, but I can't say anything further.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco

In conjunction with Quicksilver I bet this is possible.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
guess what, ha

install mouse gesture and reveal
then in mouse gesture's preference, add a new gesture, choose customize (default is build-in), it will need u to input a javascrip, just input
Reveal.toggle();

done.

Im setting up as a big triangle, "1R7", kool

this is from reveal's author
Javascript Interface

If you want to use Reveal with extensions like mouse gestures, you can use some Javascript:

* Reveal.toggle(); - Toggle Reveal open or closed.
* Reveal.openReveal(); - Opens Reveal if not already open.
* Reveal.closeReveal(); - Closes Reveal if not already closed.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
reveal doesn't really work flawlessly, sometime it lost tabs :(, i hope the author would update this to 2.0.0.x ASAP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.