Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
I was thinking about buying my first iPod since I'm seeing from MW07 that there won't be a new line of iPods to choose from....no biggie. I figured I might take a look at the refurb'd section of apple store and I see the pricing isn't too bad. My question is, ok it's refurbished, what kind of condition should I expect to get it in? Scratched all to hell? Why would someone return an iPod? Has anyone had a bad experience from buying a refurbished iPod from Apple store?

twomiracles

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
I just ordered a 2GB refurb and I can't wait 'til it gets here! I did it for the reasons everyone has listed, seems like a great deal to me!

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
we have a refurb nano, shuffle, powerbook, and airport express...and they are all perfect. i generally buy nothing but refurbs.

Spikey115

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2006
I recently purchased a refurbished 20GB iPod 4G for a great price trought apple.com. I received the unit DOA. It displayed the sad ipod face icon. I called apple, got a replacement within days and the replacement worked like new. Refurbished ipods look and function just like new. No scratches. Oh, and apple customer care is top notch!

vancejohns

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2006
ReFurb 4g 60g

I just bought a refurbished 4g 60gig iPod and it's great. It is just like new but supports firewire, which I wanted because I have an iMac G3. They don't always have everything available so you may need to check back until what you want shows up.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Yeah, I got a refurbished Macbook and glad I did too, it looked and worked brand new, and still does almost a year later, I have had no problems with it, and I saved over 200 becuase I got it refurbished!

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Picked up a refurbished 4th Gen. a month or so ago and it's pretty much just like getting a brand new 4th Gen., except in a brown box. 20GB for $99! I thought that was a great deal. :)

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
My first Mac (eMac 1.25) was a refurb. It ran great and was just like new. My friend also got a refurb iBook that was like new. Refurbs are great deals, IMO. A lot of the times, when you get a refurb, you get better than advertised specs. In my case with my eMac, it was advertised to have 256MB RAM/80GB HD and mine had 512MB RAM and a 160GB HD. Can't beat that! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.