Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I just decided to start using it as my main browser and it is so much faster. It takes longer to load but once it is running it is the fastest browser for OS X I have used!

Post your comments on this!

Retired
May 16, 2006
I used to use firefox on my macbook, but now I found the inquisitor plugin for safari I use it as my primary browser.

Max Payne

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
I used to use Firefox as my main browser, but not anymore. In my MBP, firefox is very slow and I need to use force quit at least once everyday. Now I use Safari, except for arabic sites. Safari sucks when dealing with arabic. :mad:

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I myself prefer to use Sogudi. This is way of typing for example goo MacRumors into the address bar and it searches google for Macrumors. Or vid Jermaine Pennant and it searches Youtube for videos of Jermaine Pennant. (Can easily other search places.)

what is inquisiter?

Inquisiter

MainScreenshot.png

Inquisiter said:
Inquisitor... it's like Spotlight for the web.

Start typing and websites pop up immediately, along with ideas to refine your search.

It'll autocomplete your words (is it reading your mind?) and you can add more search engines to Safari with customized keyboard shortcuts.

Oh, and it's free.

oceanmonster

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
I like firefox too but it runs too slow on my mac. Can anyone recommend adblock software for safari?

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Safari (and brushed metal) is very ugly, but it works well most of the time. Camino is nice but still has a number of problems with many sites that makes it annoying to use. If find Omniweb to be the best Mac browser out there, but of course it costs $15. I'm looking forward to the 2.0 release of Shiira, as it seems to be shaping up quite nicely.

I really hope Leopard gets rid of brushed metal altogether. The "Safari" browser in the :apple:iPhone looked very nice and hopefully is a taste of what to come. Leopard can't come soon enough.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Anything without adblock sucks.

That includes Camino.

I have to second that. I use Camino though on my powerbook because FF is quite slow.

I used to use Firefox as my main browser, but not anymore. In my MBP, firefox is very slow and I need to use force quit at least once everyday. Now I use Safari, except for arabic sites. Safari sucks when dealing with arabic. :mad:

FF on my brother's Macbook (CD) just flies, It is freakin' fast.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Safari (and brushed metal) is very ugly, but it works well most of the time. Camino is nice but still has a number of problems with many sites that makes it annoying to use. If find Omniweb to be the best Mac browser out there, but of course it costs $15. I'm looking forward to the 2.0 release of Shiira, as it seems to be shaping up quite nicely.

I really hope Leopard gets rid of brushed metal altogether. The "Safari" browser in the :apple:iPhone looked very nice and hopefully is a taste of what to come. Leopard can't come soon enough.

I use UNO so there is no more brushed metal for me...

UserofMacOSX

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2007
Luray, VA
I tried to use Firefox for the whole day yesterday to give it a chance, and I can safely say I hate it. It seems like a crappier IE. Apple is nice enough to give us Safari, why don't we use it? Well, I do, but some apparently don't.:rolleyes:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I tried to use Firefox for the whole day yesterday to give it a chance, and I can safely say I hate it. It seems like a crappier IE. Apple is nice enough to give us Safari, why don't we use it? Well, I do, but some apparently don't.:rolleyes:

Perhaps, it's because each browser works better for some than others.

In my browsing, Firefox works better than Safari. It's more likely that web designers will plan for Firefox than would plan for Safari.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I just opened Safari to see :apple: , as its not working in FF2...and Safari seemed a lot fast to load a page, and even scrolling down pages.

I'll be moving Safari to my dock and be playing around with them for a while to see which I like more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.