Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Shift-:apple:-3 or Shift-:apple:-4.

EDIT: Just realised you meant in Windows. Silly me :p

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
You should be able to pull up an onscreen keyboard map in Windows somehow. Or download a third-party screen grab app. Or get an external keyboard with the full complement of keys.

leereeves

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2007
You can use a third party app, or an on screen keyboard, or the "Snipping Tool" in Windows Vista, of course. But I just learned there's a registry hack for remapping keys on XP and Vista. With that, I remapped my right Apple key to Print Screen.

It was pretty easy, and truly awesome because my USB keyboard has an option/alt key right next to the right Apple key, and taking screenshots in Windows Vista is now easier on my MacBook than on my PCs.

(I posted this in an older thread before I found this one. Sorry about the double post.)

leereeves

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2007
Actually Vista includes a screen capture tool that can capture windows, rectangles, the whole screen, even a lasso. (Admittedly another example of Microsoft stealing markets from third-party developers.)

But sometimes I do need the regular print screen key. (To capture the start menu, or in full screen games, for example.)

Input Remapper seems interesting; does it work in games?

I personally like the registry change best. It's more complicated, but it is part of the normal Windows keyboard driver so there are no additional processes running, no additional layers between my keyboard and my games, and no compatibility issues.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html
luv it, totally free for personal use, and can add background shadow or other quick effects, amazing.
winsnap_small2.png

jethro.hon

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2007
does anyone know other tricks without 3rd party programs which does screengrabs? i have been using on-screen keyboard for printscreen, but it does seem a bit annoying having parts of the keyboard on my screen as well.

thanks for the help
jethro

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
does anyone know other tricks without 3rd party programs which does screengrabs? i have been using on-screen keyboard for printscreen, but it does seem a bit annoying having parts of the keyboard on my screen as well.

thanks for the help
jethro

go buy another cheap keyboard.

wwilliams

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
Print screen in windows in bootcamp - onscreen keyboard

Print screen for the Mac in windows Via boot camp
I was happy to find this solution..not convenient but it works.
all programs>>Accessories >> accessibility >> onscreen keyboard
click the ctrl and psc, then normal paste.

oops guess i should have read the thread all the way through..this suggestion has already be offered.

verma27

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Just press control shift and f11, works like a charm for me, ive tried this on windows side on boot camp, not quiot sure on the os x side though lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.