Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2007
Mac from the past

I'm new to this forum but not to Macs. I recently saw one of these on a web page and said..."hey, I have one of those." I was on the SE team back in the day and recieved this for doing the motherboard layout. Long time ago...it still works too.

macse001.jpg

macse002.jpg

macse003.jpg

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
That keyboard looks VERY similar to the white keyboards we have now..

The only similarity I see is that it's white and it has keys. Other than that, it's pretty darn different...look at the arrow keys. And the keys left of the space bar. And the shape of the keys. The shape of the Return key. The lack of a help/home/pageup/delete/end/pagedown block.

I think that's about as different of a keyboard as you can get. But it is white. And it has keys.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2007
White keyboard

The keyboard they gave us was from a IIc and the mouse also I believe. I had a IIc but got rid of it some years ago along with a Lisa and my original IIe.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
my half cleaned up office and mac that just arrived

Can finally post here now! Not as swish as some of the setups, but it will improve when I clean up proper!

24" iMac with 19" widescreen!

Attachments

• IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2302.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 134

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Dude, always a site for sore eyes that setup is. That should be in a Mac add. That C2D BlackBook is it 64-bit cpu? If so you just inspired me not to wait for the MBP and just go for gusto!

Yes the Core 2 Duos are 64-bit, BlackBook included.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
sinigang99 said:
I'm new to this forum but not to Macs. I recently saw one of these on a web page and said..."hey, I have one of those." I was on the SE team back in the day and recieved this for doing the motherboard layout. Long time ago...it still works too.

*pics*

Thats 1337! It's not standard is it!?

You did the mobo layout of the SE. Thats awesome

finally: good thing you werent on the keyboard layout team, those arrow keys look kinda badly arranged. and the F1-16 keys... no comment

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2007
Jasonbot-

I did not even realize that anyone knew these existed. I read somewhere that only 10 were made and given out to team members. I don't know if that is correct but could very well be.

The clear case gave the mech folks a look to see if everything fit well and then decided to build some working ones as a perk. Apple was known to give away hardware to the team that designed it.

That's about all I remember of the story. Not sure how many of these are still around. I only know of one other and that was all by accident when I was doing some web searching.

Thanks for looking.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
You have your MacBook resting at the edge of a desk on top of two file folders!

That is very NOT COOL! :eek:

Only a matter of time before the top slips off the bottom. (unless of course you have them taped together:D )

ironjaw

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
Cold Copenhagen
I am from the UK! (Koobcam = MacBook - and the UK part... anyway!)

I went there for a month last year, am currently learning Japanese. I love it there. Europe is so boring. I am doing a Ph.D though, so I need to wait at least 2 and a half more years before going anywhere!!

Wow that's cool. Nice name hehe. :) May ask what area you are doing your Ph.D in? I'm finishing my master in law soon so kinda wondering on doing a Ph.D as well, but don't know which uni yet, lol

Japan would be way cool, hmm I better start enrolling on a course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.