Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tolive

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
When I try to add more favorite item icons to the toolbar, it only allows me
to add up to 5-6 icons, more than that, instead of pushing the address box right, it just pushes the existing icons left, the new added icon just replaces a previous added icon...
How can I make it shorten the address box and the search box to make more space for favorite icons?

Please see the picture.

Attachments

• Safari.jpg
    Safari.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 411

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Hmm...mine works fine. I can all of them, and it just continues to shrink the address bar as each one is added.

This is what you're talking about, right?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 257

tolive

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I know it's weird because I asked one of my friends who uses Mac, he could added as many as icons he wanted...

I'm using a MacBook Pro, just got it 10 days ago, it should have the latest version of Safari, I just checked, it V 2.0.4 (419.3), the MacBook was manufactured this year, yes - 2007.

OK, just make sure again I'm doing it correctly:

1. Right click on the toolbar, then click the "Customize toolbar..."
2. Drag and drop icon from the pop-up windows to toolbar...

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
well here's an indirect way to help: the "plus" button is kindof useless. Instead, you can just drag the icon to the left of an url right onto the bookmarks bar. Does the same thing, and is much cooler!

tolive

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Got it

OK never mind, I know what's going on now.

Actually I CAN add all icons to the toolbar, the problems was, as a Windows user, I got confused on the "Stop" and "Reload" icon -- They are the SAME icon in Safari, just in toolbar, because there is no page loading, it shows a "Reload" circle while the icon on the small pop-up windows shows a "cross", so I thought they are different command icons... Indeed, they ARE different icons in both Windows IE and Firefox.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.