Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hello. I was just about to turn on the music syncing when it said something like, "This iPod is synced with another computer. Do you want to erase it and sync with this computer?" I've recently switched computers, so that's probably why it said that.

Now, does that mean it's going to erase absolutely everything on it? I have movies on it that I didn't keep in iTunes for space reasons. But I don't have Movie sync turned on. The only actual sync that's going on is photos and calenders & contacts.

So my question is... if I turn on the music sync... will it erase just the music, or everything?

Is there a way to de-sync it from my iMac? I'm not sure I remember actually turning on the sync feature on anything on the iMac, but if I did it's probably for the photos.

abbottpc.com

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
I pretty sure it will erase everything on the iPod. There are programs that will take music and videos off your iPod and store them on your computer.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Well I've set it up to sync after recovering the movies from my iPod, since I deleted them from iTunes to save space.

I didn't know that you couldn't set it to sync music, but still be able to manually manage movies. That totally sucks and makes absolutely no sense.

I want to be able to put movies on my iPod and not keep them in iTunes because they take up so much space altogether.

So I guess I'll have to stick with manual everything then.

Unless there's some way to sync music and still be able to manually manage movies? Other than buying an external HD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.