Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
CompUSA just put the Mac Pros to "D status" and new model were coming in next week. All of the current Mac Pros are beings pulled off the shelves (even the demo models) in order for the new inventory. Trust me this happened with the C2D MacBook Pros. Announcement next Tuesday.

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
250px-Apple_I.jpg

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
While it may have been with the MacBooks, I wouldn't count on it.

Many, many things have happened like this - and were completely irrelevant to release.

Ningaloo

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2007
Aust Qld
Australian Macs

JackSYi quote court my attention re model change.

Im looking at changing over to Apple 15in Power NB or the 24In IMac. Does Apple do yearly updates to existing models as I hate to buy and then find I should have waited 1 month for the latest.
Any feed back would be great thanks.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
JackSYi quote court my attention re model change.

Im looking at changing over to Apple 15in Power NB or the 24In IMac. Does Apple do yearly updates to existing models as I hate to buy and then find I should have waited 1 month for the latest.
Any feed back would be great thanks.

Both products have been recently updated if you are referring to the 15 inch MacBook Pro and the 24 inch iMac. No need to wait a whole month for nothing. Buy it now.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Both products have been recently updated if you are referring to the 15 inch MacBook Pro and the 24 inch iMac. No need to wait a whole month for nothing. Buy it now.

If by "recently" you mean Sept. 6 for the iMac and Oct. 24 for the macbook pro, then yes. :p

That said, I can't see an update until there are new chips to use. The merom chips in there now are as good as intel has got, so I don't think there will be a new model until there's a new chip.

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
Maybe not next week, but very soon.

*Correction. The memo was read wrong, they aren't being discontinued.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
CompUSA just put the Mac Pros to "D status" and new model were coming in next week. All of the current Mac Pros are beings pulled off the shelves (even the demo models) in order for the new inventory. Trust me this happened with the C2D MacBook Pros. Announcement next Tuesday.

I just checked several CompUsa stores and they all have them in stock ready to pick up.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I don't really keep tabs on CompUSA, but if memory service me correctly, they have always been one of the last people to know. I remember after the first G4 iMac was out they still had only G3 iMacs for a few weeks.

who knows though, I really haven't been following CompUSA. I would be cool to see some new hardware. Although I am getting the new Airport, I have been disappointed in the hardware (or lack of) thats been released lately.

hidea

macrumors regular
May 10, 2006
Bleh
I knew this day would happen very soon.

I just got my MP too :/

oh well.

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
I am an Apple SOlutions COnsultant in a CompUSA and I have not seen any of this. If it did in fact go D Status then we wouldnt "pull" the model from the floor. It would go Clearance and we would sell the unit. Apple does not take back discontinued models the retailers including their own are obligated to sell them. There have been some times before that CompUSa has been notified early about a new model but I have not seen it this time around.
*Not that I could tell you if by some chance they told me but still*

Kevin

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
I REALLY hope so. I've got two Apple Store gift cards totalling $300.00 from Christmas that have been waiting for a Mac Pro update, not to mention my student discount.

IMHO, we don't need any exterior changes. Well, some e-SATA ports would be nice. All we need are the octo-cores, and BETTER VIDEO CARD OPTIONS. (Are you reading this, Steve?) Put an 8800GTS in there for crying out loud! The 1900XT is old hand, especially considering the 1950 is out, and the new R600 core is being announced in March.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Comp USA is not known to get the newest Macs right away, I have seen it take several weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.