Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
Hi All,

So this might be a lame/paranoid question, but my iPod shuffle was just recently stolen and I was wondering since I had registered it with Apple already, is there any way the thief can find out any of my personal information (ie. from my iTunes account). Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I don't think that any personal iTunes account info is stored on any iPods. Everything is kept locally on your computer as far as that goes. Sorry your Shuffle got stolen, but you don't need to worry about this part of it.

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. yeah it sucks on having the shuffle stolen, but at least it wasn't my 5G iPod.

Cheers

john789

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2007
Portland, OR
Shame

Sorry about that mate! i hope the ones who stole you ipod shuffle die of misery and that you ipod personally finish them off....shame of people like that who steals ipods and other things...they should all be killed and burned!!!

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
Thanks man. It does suck, but hey I figure that Karma is a b**ch and the thief will get what's coming to him/her.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
If they plug the shuffle into a computer and try to play a purchased track through iTunes, it'll display your email address and ask for you to authorize the computer.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
that sucks that it got stolen, I wish we could trust people in todays world but it seems we cant at times. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.