Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Ever since Zydas was bought out by Atheros, I can't find wireless USB drivers for the ZD1211 chipset wireless adapters. Why is that? Maybe someone has this driver. I searched for hours and every link that allows you to DL the driver is dead. There are tons of links that are on the http://www.zydas.com.tw website, but that of course is gone. GRRRRRRRR...

ibookluv111

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
I Have The Driver!

Ever since Zydas was bought out by Atheros, I can't find wireless USB drivers for the ZD1211 chipset wireless adapters. Why is that? Maybe someone has this driver. I searched for hours and every link that allows you to DL the driver is dead. There are tons of links that are on the http://www.zydas.com.tw website, but that of course is gone. GRRRRRRRR...

i happen to have a zydas usb stick, and i have the driver!

noall666

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2006
zydas for mac. upload here!

hey, just do me a favor and upload this to my .mac account. I will leave it there forever. put in public folder.... thx
noall666
thats the log in.
if you dont know how to access it. ask me i will help you.... its in the finder under the go menu, i disk users public folder.... feel free to take what you want....
later
mike

ibookluv111

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
hey, just do me a favor and upload this to my .mac account. I will leave it there forever. put in public folder.... thx
noall666
thats the log in.
if you dont know how to access it. ask me i will help you.... its in the finder under the go menu, i disk users public folder.... feel free to take what you want....
later
mike
it seems that i dont have the privilages to add anything to the folder.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
lol, didn't think this thread would be answered. I finally got the driver from a eBay retailer. But of course if anyone else in the future needs this driver just give me a PM.

Ghaml

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2007
Hi, the hosting site doesn't seem to allow me to download the drivers, any chance of putting them elsewhere?

Cheers

LahontanCut

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2007
Zydas drivers from AirLink101.com

Here are the drivers for ZD1211 chipset-based USB stick model AWLL3026 from AirLink101. Only $9.95 at Fry's.
http://www.airlink101.com/support/index.php?cmd=files&id=58

Drivers are for 10.3 and 10.4 and neither worked with the old G3/600mhz iMac running 10.2.8 I am trying to update for the kids. As a recent switcher with the fantastic MacBook Pro, I have to say that trying to find working drivers for older Macs, from the forums I've read and from my own experience, is like finding parts for a 1960's Fiat. After four hours messing with this stick on the G3, I installed it on my 1999 Win98 VAIO laptop with the supplied driver and was online in 10 minutes. Go figure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.