Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amyng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
I have a white 2.0 Macbook Core 2 Duo, and I've had it for a month now. The machine is great, but there is an issue with the screen; if I typed in something too fast in Firefox (or maybe pressed a few buttons together), and the whole screen enlarges out of the screen real estate (including the desktop area) which moves around with the mouse. The text is also a little blurry due to the enlargement. This only happened about 3 times, but I'm not sure if this is anything major.

I'll be sure to get a screenshot the next time, but can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Amy

beefy23

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2007
I have a white 2.0 Macbook Core 2 Duo, and I've had it for a month now. The machine is great, but there is an issue with the screen; if I typed in something too fast in Firefox (or maybe pressed a few buttons together), and the whole screen enlarges out of the screen real estate (including the desktop area) which moves around with the mouse. The text is also a little blurry due to the enlargement. This only happened about 3 times, but I'm not sure if this is anything major.

I'll be sure to get a screenshot the next time, but can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Amy

Looks like you have the zoom function enabled - look under System Preferences-> Universal Access-> Zoom.

Works with the keyboard combo Cmd-Opt 8. Can be zoomed in using the Cmd-Opt and (+ or -) keys

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK

Sounds like you triggered Expose by accident by mashing the keyboard.

amyng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Wow, thanks! That fixed it. I'll know what to do the next time it's triggered.

Once again, thanks guys! :)

Amy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.