Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicolle19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Is the Apple TV going to let you use your tv as your monitor with your wireless network or is it just going to let you stream your media files. It would be nice to allow it to make your tv your monitor too.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Is the Apple TV going to let you use your tv as your monitor with your wireless network or is it just going to let you stream your media files. It would be nice to allow it to make your tv your monitor too.

No, it's just going to stream media.

And next time, try to search the forums instead of making a whole new thread for a question that I'm sure has been asked 50 times before.

nicolle19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
No, it's just going to stream media.

And next time, try to search the forums instead of making a whole new thread for a question that I'm sure has been asked 50 times before.

Sorry I ruined your day.

Thanks for the answer though.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Actually, there are rumors around that the AppleTV will incorporate some sort of monitor sharing technology with 10.5 that will do this, but it is 100% unconfirmed at this point.

nicolle19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Actually, there are rumors around that the AppleTV will incorporate some sort of monitor sharing technology with 10.5 that will do this, but it is 100% unconfirmed at this point.

Thats is what I thought I read somewhere. I have my sammy on the wall and imac close by where by keyboard and mouse work with the BT. It would be cool if it is going to be able to do that.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Thats is what I thought I read somewhere. I have my sammy on the wall and imac close by where by keyboard and mouse work with the BT. It would be cool if it is going to be able to do that.

If your iMac is close by, you can connect it right to the TV. With a wireless keyboard & mouse, that could be a really nice setup. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.