Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Not at my salary...

You might try eBay - the audience is larger and that's where the computer collectors go...

Post the link!

Please, note that this is something a lot of us Apple collectors can't afford. Most of my collection came from garage sales, and eBay BEFORE collecting became popular. I've also started saving all of my old machines and now even save all the boxes and materials.

This machine is more for someone with a rare/vintage computer collection, you may want to post on eBay or a rare computer site...

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Please, note that this is something a lot of us Apple collectors can't afford. Most of my collection came from garage sales, and eBay BEFORE collecting became popular. I've also started saving all of my old machines and now even save all the boxes and materials.

This machine is more for someone with a rare/vintage computer collection, you may want to post on eBay or a rare computer site...

Thanks again for the advice. Yes, it is a unique chunk of memorabilia and I wanted to let it sit out there for awhile before I went the e-bay route. I think ultimately, that is where it will probably go and realistically fetch the best bid.

I initially wanted to put it out there and hopefully get linked up with a collector or group that would want it but I think this one must fit into a small niche because of it's uniqueness. I hesitate to use rare since when I got it back in the day, it was to me just a free prototype with a leftover case that happened to be clear. Go figure 20 years later huh?

I know it's value will differ on any given day, moon phase etc. and since there are so few the baseline value is hard to estimate except for the stories of the one that went 5 figures. I've spent a lot of time online looking for more info on the actual auction of the machine that went for that amount but so far have found only a few bits of info.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Thanks again for the advice. Yes, it is a unique chunk of memorabilia and I wanted to let it sit out there for awhile before I went the e-bay route. I think ultimately, that is where it will probably go and realistically fetch the best bid.

I initially wanted to put it out there and hopefully get linked up with a collector or group that would want it but I think this one must fit into a small niche because of it's uniqueness. I hesitate to use rare since when I got it back in the day, it was to me just a free prototype with a leftover case that happened to be clear. Go figure 20 years later huh?

I know it's value will differ on any given day, moon phase etc. and since there are so few the baseline value is hard to estimate except for the stories of the one that went 5 figures. I've spent a lot of time online looking for more info on the actual auction of the machine that went for that amount but so far have found only a few bits of info.

Oh, it's rare alright - more of an "Apple Internal Release" model...

haplain

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
My Transparent SE

Thought I would share my SE with the group. Not a bad trade for a couple of G4 Cubes. I didn't realize how rare this was but am now just starting to.

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3059.jpg
    IMG_3059.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 71
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.