Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lu0s3r322

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Ok well as many of you know, '300' is coming out Friday and it's rated R. I'm only 15 but my friend already got tickets for the IMAX version on Friday. Is it easy to get in because IMO, if you have the tickets, you can get in because it's like saying your parents give you permission to go.

Anyways, how would I be able to get in if it's harder than I think it is?

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
ianbeard.jpg

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Pay a homeless person to get you in.:rolleyes:

But seriously, it might be best if you just has someone old enough come with you to make sure you'll get in.

No sense in taking chances.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
Go into the theater when there's a huge crowd so they won't have time to check you're over 18.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I know this from experience and from going to over 20 different theaters to try to get into Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning just because I was obsessed with being able to see that movie. Don't Argue. Don't yell. Hand over your I.D. even if you aren't the right age. Some of the ticket agents don't know math very well but make sure you were born in 1990. Don't use the credit card machines because they don't stamp those for pre admission unlike the ones at the desk.

What you could do if you can buy one from the card machine and then have an older friend buy one at the register and then switch. Your older friend can use his or her id to get in. You need a 21 year old to let you in though so forget about using a friend that's 17.

Also you could just simply get an old person online to go with you like I did to get into my first screening of TCM the beginning. It usually works. Make sure they look remotely nice. Pay them too if you can, but you don't have to.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
See the problem is they actually care the most opening weekend. You could probably get away with it in a couple weeks, but you'll need someone else to buy you a ticket if you wanna go friday.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
I knew you were good people. I'm from Valencia myself. :)

I do, however, sneak food from Poquito Mas in there all the time. ;)

My thinking? Unlike the people the "no food allowed" rule was made for, I don't leave a mess and actually throw my trash away, instead of leaving it under my seat. (Yes, I know that the rule is mainly so we are forced to pay their obscene prices for food that looks [and tastes] like it was made in a tire factory, but, technically, the sign doesn't mention that. :D )

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
My brother and I went to see Team America when it first came out. I was 19, and he was 15, and they refused to sell him a ticket even though he was with me. So, we left the box office, went over to the kiosks where you can buy tickets yourself, bought 2 tickets and got in no problem :D

mike dunx

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
Central FL
talk in a really low voice, and if he asks you for your id say you left it in your car. draw a mustache on with a marker too

NightFlight

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Virginia
I never really had a problem when I was younger but that was a while ago. I once had some kid ask me if I could pose as his brother to get him into Wedding Crashers, it worked.

I would ask an older person to be your parent, or brother, sister, whatever. :)

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
When I was a kid I got into R-rated movies all the time, no problem.

Back in my day the R-rating was more like a suggestion, sorta like STOP signs in Mexico.

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
In MA, learner's permits are printed on what is nearly regular paper and they work for ID verification at movies. If the situation is similar in Chicago, this paper could most likely be purchased at an office supply store. Making a fake one would be easy.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I never really had a problem when I was younger but that was a while ago. I once had some kid ask me if I could pose as his brother to get him into Wedding Crashers, it worked.

I would ask an older person to be your parent, or brother, sister, whatever. :)

In some parts of the country, the older person only needs to look about 10-12 years older than you to be your parent. ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
When I was younger and wanted to get into R-Rated movies, I'd just buy a ticket for something else. I don't know how many IMAX screens there are in this place, but just do that. *shrug*

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
In MA, learner's permits are printed on what is nearly regular paper and they work for ID verification at movies. If the situation is similar in Chicago, this paper could most likely be purchased at an office supply store. Making a fake one would be easy.

It would also be illegal. and you would get in a lot more trouble if you were caught than if you were caught sneaking into an R rated movie.

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
I was 14 and with a friend who was 15 when we hired a pr0n movie from the local video store. It's not hard...

I seem to remember getting into a R-rated movie was harder though. I remember once using my brother to get me in (buys tickets while we wait outside trick).

Now that i'm well into my 20s it's not so much of a problem these days...

I miss being young.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Dude, me and my friend tried to get into Jackass 2, and we need a parent. We got my Dad to get us in, and here is how.

By doing this, you will not only be able to get into an R-Rated movie, but you will be able to get as many people as you want into the theater using only 2 tickets. This will work if your theater is set up right. This is such a genius plan, lol. Here's how it goes.

1. 3 or more people show up at the movie theater parking lot (they can be in the same car or seperate) and two people go and buy tickets, the other(s) wait(s) outside the theater.

2. Once the two people who left first get into the theater, one person gives his ticket to the other person (when you are already inside the theater itself). So now you have one (or more) persons outside with no ticket, one person inside the theater with 2 tickets, and one person inside the theater with no ticket.

3. The person with two tickets goes to the bathroom. The bathroom must be outside of the area where you get your ticket stub ripped, or this won't work.

4. The person who hasn't yet entered the theater meets the person with both tickets in the bathroom, and takes one of the tickets.

5. Both people leave the bathroom, walk right past the ticket ripper guy (showing that your tickets have been ripped) and meet the third person in the theater.

I tried this once, and it worked perfect. It is such a cool way to get people in for free! But remember, if you want to get into an R-Rated movie, just make one of the people be over 18, and they can leave after they snuck everyone into the theater. You can repeat these steps to get as many people in as you want. I'm going to try it again this weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.