Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
First of all, hey everyone, long time no see.
For anyone that knows me, you would know that I've been waiting for a C2D MacBook Pro since WWCD '06. Anyway, today looks like the day I'm going to get it, but, I have a question first.

We have an apple store here in Montreal, but I want to get a student discount. How does that work? Because, online, the discounts only seem to be for Cegep and Collages, and not high schools. So my question is, can High schoolers get discounts? If so, what's the process they go through to get it.

Thanks for your help guys, and I can't WAIT to get this stock 17'' MBP!!

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
My brother is in college, but, he works today, so, would they give me the discount if I have his school ID and if me and my dad are there with IDs (all with the same last name)

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I'm not going to tell you what to do, but you are on the line of attempting to break (not sure if this is the correct wording) a sales agreement. You probably shouldn't be talking about it here.

And no, I don't think they will give it to you.

abbottpc.com

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
If you waited this long, cant you just wait another day for your brother to go? Apple is not going to give you the discount with out him there. You could always order it online.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I don't know about up there, but here in the U.S., EVERYONE in education gets a discount. All students, and all staff.

I'm a contract staff person as our clients are schools, and one of the districts actually gave me an ID for their district. The Apple Store honored it since I'm considered staff with the ID.

chatster18

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
I don't know about up there, but here in the U.S., EVERYONE in education gets a discount. All students, and all staff...

Not quite true, I am in high school too, and no discount is allowed.
BUT
I am enrolled in a local community college, so I am an eligible student.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
I don't know about up there, but here in the U.S., EVERYONE in education gets a discount. All students, and all staff.

I'm a contract staff person as our clients are schools, and one of the districts actually gave me an ID for their district. The Apple Store honored it since I'm considered staff with the ID.

this is false. the education discount is for college students, college staff and faculty, and high school staff and faculty - high school students are excluded.

from Apple's US education routing page:
To buy for yourself, first choose your category.

College or university student
College or university faculty, administration, or staff member
K-12 teacher or staff member

amsballer55

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2007
In-store Discount

I just need some clarification, I am planning on going to the Michigan Ave. Store and purchasing a MacBook Pro, what do I need to bring with me to get the student discount? Or can I even get that in person?

Thank you.

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
I just need some clarification, I am planning on going to the Michigan Ave. Store and purchasing a MacBook Pro, what do I need to bring with me to get the student discount? Or can I even get that in person?

Thank you.

bring your college acceptance letter...thats what i did or just bring your college id

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.