Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's UK Store offers a small slip which may indicate that 8-Core Mac Pros are coming soon.

When searching for "Mac" in the UK Apple Store, the listing for the Mac Pro is:

8corer_300.png

Mac Pro

Now quad-core or 8-core processing power.
Configure yours today.

Rumors that Apple would incorporate Intel's Quad-core chips into a Mac Pro to produce an 8-core Mac Pro have been ongoing since late last year.

[[ digg this ]]

Attachments

• safaisc.png
    safaisc.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 11,452

bossass

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
8-core? Jolly good!

Especially poignent since I've been waiting for this update for months. My guess is we'll see this tomorrow. Don't really want the 8-core, I just want the low or mid range MP with whatever upgrades may come, or to get the original 2.66 at a discounted price.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Confirmed, this is still up on the site. Good stuff, the regular Mac Pro just looks like a piece now.

CptnJustc

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2007
8 core, great... but please tell me they're not still using the same Apple RAMBUS-esque memory that they used in the Rev A. Mac Pro.

They're actually using a new kind, carved from bricks of intricately cut diamond and kryptonite.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
£1,699.00 ...how much is that in real money?

:) jk...

But in all seriousness, Is it the same price as the current high end processor?

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
does that mean... 8-core mac pros tomorrow?
Maybe!

I guess the timing would fit. Why else would a slip come at this time?

Does anyone know the history of that g3 or g4 slip Jobs referenced in one of his keynotes?

-=|Mgkwho

sccrrich

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2007
Am I the only one?

Hi all!
I realize that this is my first post, but I have been trolling Macrumors for years. I'm just curious if I'm the only one who has noticed the wording of the link. If you actually read the words, all it's saying it's quad-core processing. It doesn't say quad-core chips. If you click on the link, it sends you to the Mac Pro page and on the top it says Quad-Core processing. Maybe it's just me, but it seems we all want this so badly, we are grasping at ghosts.:p

P.S. Still waiting for a full lineup update!!:D

Edit:arn I guess I was focusing on the beginning of the sentence, but you're right, it dooes seem as if it were a slip. Apologies

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi all!
I realize that this is my first post, but I have been trolling Macrumors for years. I'm just curious if I'm the only one who has noticed the wording of the link. If you actually read the words, all it's saying it's quad-core processing. It doesn't say quad-core chips. If you click on the link, it sends you to the Mac Pro page and on the top it says Quad-Core processing. Maybe it's just me, but it seems we all want this so badly, we are grasping at ghosts.:p

It says "quad-core or 8-core". 8 core would require 4 Dual-Core or 2 Quad-Core processors. Neither if which is an option right now.

arn

aranhamo

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2004
Hi all!

Uh, it says "8-core processing power"; that's either two quad-cores or 4 dual-cores, either way a change from the current lineup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.