Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

am1971

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2005
Barcelona...
Hi,

can anyone recommend a decent WP application beyond Word or Open Office (which is just too slow for me to use)?

It doesn't necessarily have to be packed full of features. Just need regular formatting, line spacing, word count etc.

thanks

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Doesn't TextEdit do all of those things? The only one I'm not sure about is word count, but no doubt there's an AppleScript available online that'll count all the words for you (if it isn't built-in, that is).

If not, you could always try AbiWord.

Vinnie_vw

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
the Netherlands
It depends what you need it for. I use Scrivener/Voodoopad/textedit for day-2-day use, and occasionally jump back to word. Apple's Pages is also another option.

Neo/open-office are both free, I think, but not so slick (afaik).

There are also some free online options, like Google's word-equivalent.

smokeyrabbit

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
Escape from New England
Hi,

can anyone recommend a decent WP application beyond Word or Open Office (which is just too slow for me to use)?

It doesn't necessarily have to be packed full of features. Just need regular formatting, line spacing, word count etc.

thanks

I don't know about Word 2004 but Word v.X is just as slow as NeoOffice. AbiWord always prints wierd for me. I chose NeoOffice to save myself $$.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.