Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
So I just enabled this option on my mac...

How do I find my library on other computers (macs/pcs)? Will it just show up in iTunes?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I assume you enabled this through iTunes?

If so, it will show up in iTunes (on the left side under 'Library'), assuming you have "Look for shared libraries" checked in iTunes Preferences.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
So I just enabled this option on my mac...

How do I find my library on other computers (macs/pcs)? Will it just show up in iTunes?

if you go to prefrences in itunes and go to the sharing tab and click on look for shared libraries then click ok and your're done. (unless your shared library is passworded in which you click on your shared library and enter the password. if not then just click your shared library in the sources list
**edit** EricNau beat me to it

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
This feature is just too cool!

Just to clarify, the person can not delete any of my songs or change anything can they?

Can they add my songs to their library?

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I can't remember .... can you listen to DRM'd content that you don't have access to the account ?

Let's say a co-worker on my LAN wants to watch a show that I bought from iTunes. Can they listen to it without being authorized on the iTunes account ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.