Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Modano

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
New Orleans
My AppleTV was just delivered! It's a day early so everyone who ordered on, be on the lookout. Can't wait to get home from work and hook it up.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I haven't ordered an AppleTV yet, but one day it will arrive! And when I get it, I'll post a thread about it! Isn't that special of me?

Without pics, this thread is useless. :)

Modano

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
New Orleans
I haven't ordered an AppleTV yet, but one day it will arrive! And when I get it, I'll post a thread about it! Isn't that special of me?

Without pics, this thread is useless. :)

Ahem...
I live in NYC and chose expedited shipping. We got a ton of Fed Ex shipments at my office every day, so this could have expedited my delivery (just speculation). Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!
*cough cough* I think I'm coming down with something... maybe I need to leave work early today... ;)

Attachments

• appletv.jpg
    appletv.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 233

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
i wonder if he bought any cables to plug into the TV :rolleyes: :D
I didn't. :eek: Until yesterday. They'll be here tomorrow. Until then, I get to look at mine's sad little flat face waiting to be plugged in.

Mine will be used almost exclusively to allow the other family members to view movies and listen to music. I've also got a mini attached to the same TV, but apparently that's too difficult, and the toddler demon keeps getting at the keyboard and mouse anyway, so this will be easier (the tiny remote can be more easily hidden away). I'm going to set up "allowable" songs and movies tonight in anticipation of going live tomorrow.

I didn't think I'd be excited by this, but I am. And especially about what the future might hold. :)

oogje

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
It arrived

It's here (nyc) a day sooner than estimated. Not expedited. It even talks to my ancient Panasonic TH-42PWD4 which I don't think is HD.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
I called my local green hills store and they had them in stock and also on the store page there is a picture that says. :apple: tv In stores now.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Zing! Bummer for those of us who ordered and have to wait for its arrival.
Same thing happened with the new Airport Extremes. They were in most stores the same day that people who ordered them from online started receiving them from FedEx.

FWIW, the Norfolk store has them in-stock.

Sälli

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2007
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Play Counts

Can somebody answer this: When you listen to music with Apple TV, do the play counts get incremented?

When you are using an iPod, they do get incremented, but when you are streaming music from somebody else's iTunes, they do not. So, which one is it with the Apple TV?

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
It's here (nyc) a day sooner than estimated. Not expedited. It even talks to my ancient Panasonic TH-42PWD4 which I don't think is HD.

Does this mean you can plug it into a TV that isn't HD? as it says on the Apple store (UK) that it has to be HD.

System Requirements
• Widescreen (16:9) enhanced definition or high definition television with an HDMI, DVI, or component video input

humara

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Does this mean you can plug it into a TV that isn't HD? as it says on the Apple store (UK) that it has to be HD.

System Requirements
• Widescreen (16:9) enhanced definition or high definition television with an HDMI, DVI, or component video input
you quoted your own answer.

enhanced definition or high definition

reading ftw

fwiw, appletv is streaming low-res files for movie trailers

ftl

oogje

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2002
nyc

System Requirements

My Panasonic TH-42PWD4 is a "Wide Plasma Display" - more vague terminology. The specs for "Scanning format" under "Applicable signals" are:
  • 525i (480i), 625i (576i), 525p (480p), 625p (576p), 750p (720p), 1125/60i, 50i, 24p, 24SF (1080/60i, 50i, 24p 24SF) ....... SMPTE 247M
I have only the vaguest idea what these things mean. But it does work with the Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.