Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBP123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Insignia-IS-TV040919~r-1~CLT-INTR~RFR-www.google.com

It says there is one component input

Rear Input Connectors S-Video x 1 • Component x 1 • Composite x 1 • Audio (RCA) x 1 • RF x 1

I get very confused with TVs and inputs and the like. I know the ?TV doesnt support composite, but i thought it needed 3 ports for component, yet that TV only has 1 component port. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
question is why would you ? but i would doubt that would work IMO

Warranty
Tube Warranty 90 Days
Overall Warranty 90 Days

you are kidding on the warranty right?

MBP123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
why would i? because I have 700gb of music photo and videos on my laptop w/ external HD, that id like to watch in the living room (at college), instead of on my 15inch screen in my room

why wouldnt it work? i thought all it needed was component?

MBP123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
question is why would you ? but i would doubt that would work IMO

Warranty
Tube Warranty 90 Days
Overall Warranty 90 Days

you are kidding on the warranty right?

my roomate has the tv....i could care less about the tv, i am just curious as to if this would work or not

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I think it means one set of component ports. But...
Apple TV works with widescreen, enhanced-definition or high-definition TVs capable of 1080i, 720p, 576p, or 480p resolutions, including popular models from these manufacturers.​
So I think it's not supported, as it's standard-def.

MBP123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
i just called up apple, and they said so long as it has the component (green blue red) on it, it will work.....just might be stretched imaged and so forth, but that it will display......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.