Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falcon1

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
Georgia
I have friends that have a few tats that are just werid and stupid but this is up in the top 3 I would say. I love Apple to and I love it a lot more since Vista came out but this is completely crazy. I say if you up to it and crazy enough to have that on you until you die to just go for it. We only live once so you have to do some crazy things so go for it man!

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Not sure I really like these, but this might be how the faces would look without the pixelation. Faces from the older icons with the pixels taken out, then the colors from the newer set added in. Green face on the sick mac, because, well, it's a sick Mac.

Wow, thanks for doing that! Actually, looking at those, I think the rounded original B/W version wouldn't be so bad. I guess the artists quick sketch kinda freaked me out, but that would not look half bad.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
sad-mac.jpg

That is what we call an emo Mac.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Wow, thanks for doing that! Actually, looking at those, I think the rounded original B/W version wouldn't be so bad. I guess the artists quick sketch kinda freaked me out, but that would not look half bad.
The solid lines really ought to be okay at a tattoo scale, just as long as the same proportions as the original bitmaps are kept. On Happy Mac the size and shape of the smile is going to be the toughest part, just a slight change will give you maniacal or smug instead of its pleased little self.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
The solid lines really ought to be okay at a tattoo scale, just as long as the same proportions as the original bitmaps are kept. On Happy Mac the size and shape of the smile is going to be the toughest part, just a slight change will give you maniacal or smug instead of its pleased little self.

Is there any way you could make a rounded version of the B/W Macs? That would be super-awesome.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Sure. PDF too, so you can pick your own size and resolution.

That is awesome, thank you very much!

I plan on going in Monday to set up an appointment, or, if they're able to do it then, to get it done then. I'll be sure to post up pics when it's all over with!

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Went by today, set it up for tomorrow night. I'm using the rounded b/w Macs, I was told they're "hilarious". :p I'm glad the artist thought so.

Just thought ya'll should know.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Well, this photo looks like crap since I can't frame it up right, and since I just took off the bandages, but what the hey:

macsonlegs.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go clean these puppies off.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
look good.

get some A&D ointment for 'em. and don't soak 'em too much
blalh, blah, blah i'm sure the tattoo artist told you all of that. :p

very nice though. i think they're cool.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
look good.

get some A&D ointment for 'em. and don't soak 'em too much
blalh, blah, blah i'm sure the tattoo artist told you all of that. :p

very nice though. i think they're cool.

Thanks! Yeah, I've got some lotion from them, and after two days I'm supposed to switch over to using Curel or a similar lotion multiple times a day.

I'm really happy at how these turned out, I didn't think they'd look half as cool.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
This looks like another MR SCAMMER to me.

Post more pics or I will continue to believe that is just MARKER PEN.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
of course!

This looks like another MR SCAMMER to me.

Post more pics or I will continue to believe that is just MARKER PEN.

Oh, it's so true! *buries face in hands*

I drew it, and then I hit myself repeatedly with a hammer in order to get the skin to swell up like that!

moreleg.jpg

SCAM!

That, or I just got the damn tattoos.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
One more, just 'cause I'm happy:

449001197_9f4f4640c8_o.jpg

I find I can point to either one when people ask me how I'm doing. It's a real time-saver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.