Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I just got MenuShade and absolutely love it, but for one problem. I have it as a log in item and also checked hide in system prefs, but unlike several other applications that I have in the menu bar that are log in items, only MenuShade continues to appear in the dock. Furthermore, I cannot go in an manually select hide when it is in the dock as nothing happens.

I would really appreciate someone who knows how to handle this problem to throw some advice out there. If this is happening to anyone else, feel free to post here as well.

ajmaggs

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2007
I just got MenuShade and absolutely love it, but for one problem. I have it as a log in item and also checked hide in system prefs, but unlike several other applications that I have in the menu bar that are log in items, only MenuShade continues to appear in the dock. Furthermore, I cannot go in an manually select hide when it is in the dock as nothing happens.

I would really appreciate someone who knows how to handle this problem to throw some advice out there. If this is happening to anyone else, feel free to post here as well.

Dockless will do what you want. Get it here

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Can anyone confirm whether this application is safe to use based on their experience? I have never heard of it and the website sent out in the post is a bit questionable. It doesn't look malicious, but the combination of the member just signing up this month and the website make me a bit iffy.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I have had this application installed for a long time, don't really use it that often because well you don't need to use it often.

Never had any problems at all with it, Little Snitch does not report anything at all when the application is launched and run.

Edit: You can also see reviews of it on MacUpdate and VersionTracker

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
just to make sure I am understanding what it does correctly, it just hides any application that is in the dock that I specify it to hide right? Also does it work with 10.4 because it says 10.3, but nothing beyond?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
just to make sure I am understanding what it does correctly, it just hides any application that is in the dock that I specify it to hide right? Also does it work with 10.4 because it says 10.3, but nothing beyond?

It does work in 10.4, it even works on Intel macs.

You launch the application and it scans your computer and then presents a list of all the applications installed. There is a check box next to each application to designate whether or not the application appears in the dock.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
just wanted to report back and let anyone know who might come across this thread that the download is working just great and I am having no problems whatsoever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.