Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jane doe

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
They may extend it or reopen it. There was a rumor going around a while back that they were pushing for september release of the game. Maybe the short beta has somethign to do with that?

Dead EditHer

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2006
New Orleans, LA
Most betas are usually two weeks or so by design. Remeber we're not testing gameplay, we're testing matchmaking and server strength since so many will be trying it out once the beta becomes available. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit os sluggish gameplay as result of so many people on the servers at the same time.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Hm, a September release would be a good time for MS to cut console prices as well, or at least offer a system with Halo bundled for free... still might be to far away for me to wait. Can get a Premium 360 w/ Gears of War for $360 at Dell.com if you can find the appropriate coupon.

Oh, and anyone know what the max players per game is going to be for beta? I've been aching for some Planetside style action lately, and without a PC to play it on I've been hoping for a good FPS with HUGE multiplayer support... 64 players plus would be ideal. I used to love the 100 person or more battles in Planetside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.