Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umdjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Washington D.C.
For some reason my iPod screen is stuck. I try to restart to it by holding down play and the center click wheel button, and plugging it into my computer and the screen does not disappear. The screen is just stuck on my last song. I know the iPod works, but I just cannot get it to display a different screen. I believe my one-year warranty is up.

Any ideas?

thechris69

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2005
either do what the above poster said or if it doesnt work. bring it in to the place u purchased it and they should be able to help you!:apple: :apple:

Turkish

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2007
For some reason my iPod screen is stuck. I try to restart to it by holding down play and the center click wheel button, and plugging it into my computer and the screen does not disappear. The screen is just stuck on my last song. I know the iPod works, but I just cannot get it to display a different screen. I believe my one-year warranty is up.

Any ideas?

Menu and center button, not center and play button.

marine610610

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2007
He didnt mention whether it was Nano or not. I dont know if the other iPods are different, but im pretty sure the instructions with my 2nd gen Nano said to switch to hold and then back before pressing the center button/Menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.